We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike friendly???

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bike friendly???

We are coming in a few weeks for the first time and we are staying in a campground on the S. kings highway (Pirate land)and we would love to bring our bikes are there sidewalks? and possibly can you ride on the beach ? and maybe any good restaurants in riding distance??

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike friendly???

No Bikes are allowed in any of the campgrounds except bike week. You can push it in put you can not have the motor running while in the campgrounds. They usualy have a place up front where you can park them.

Crabby Mikes is about 5minutes from here and is my favorite place in MB for Crab Legs. There is also a little place near-by that has a breakfast buffett we like eating breakfast at. I think that it is called Farmers Galley or something like that.

atlanta
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike friendly???

Well actually Imean the pedal variety sorry...

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bike friendly???

I'm sure they would be allowed in the park. See bikes on the beach all the time. Can tell you from experience, riding on the beach isn't as easy as they make it look on TV.

Have driven by the entrance a few times. Just enough to know where it is. Unles there's another exit to park you'll be right on busy Rt 17. Never paid attention to roadside in the area. Not sure if there's a sidewalk or a path.

Guess big thing would be ages in family. Adults would probably have no problem riding to places away from campground. Smaller kids could be a safety concern.

Try this site. Lots of campers there with experience at Pirateland.

www.funbeaches.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bike friendly???

Sorry, I assumed motorcycles. Yes, all the campgrounds in MB are bike friendly. If you don't rent a golf cart then the bikes are the best way to get around the campgrounds. The onl restaurant close enough to ride a bike to is the Farmers Galley place. It is about 1/2 mile from the campground but I don't thiunk there are any sidewalks.

5. Re: Bike friendly???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 05:26