We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon and Evening in Myrtle Beach

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon and Evening in Myrtle Beach

We will be staying in North Myrtle Beach and are planning and afternnon and evening in Myrtle Beach. It will end with Le Grande Cirque. Would like to visit Broadway at the Beach, NASCAR, Family Kingdom (myabe) and other suggestions. 2 adults, 16 year old girl and 14 year old boy. Would like to park somewhere and walk. Would prefer more local restaurant for dinner than those at Broadway. I would appreciate suggestions for parking, attractions, and restaurants. Thanks

New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon and Evening in Myrtle Beach

Well parking at Myrtle is either meter parking or the parking at your hotel. Parking at Broadway is free. I'm not sure what kind of food your family likes. I like to take it a little further down towards surfside or garden city area. They have an awesome oceanfront cafe called conche cafe. Its very laid back. And after dinner you could go down to the pier where theres a sams corner. Theres arcade there and the pier is great during night fall.

Brookgreen gardens down towards pawleys is always a great family day. Also in that area i think in garden city is this neat place called mazemania I believe. Its off the beaten path of the main touristy areas but its a fun time. Family Kingdom is still a great place. Better to do the all day wrist band including the oceanfront water park and the amusement park. Better value for your money.

Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
842 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon and Evening in Myrtle Beach

There is on site parking at all of the attractions you mentioned.

New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon and Evening in Myrtle Beach

oh i know at all the attractions I mentioned have on site parking but i was talking more of the commerical places besides putt-putt. If they want to do the downtown stuff such as ripleys believe it or not or things along that nature they will have to find parking among the many meters. I wasn't saying everything is difficult to find parking. Just in general sometimes it can be difficult.

Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Afternoon and Evening in Myrtle Beach

Thanks. So we can't park near the Palace Theater, see Broadway at the Beach, NASCAR, and other things withing walking distance?

Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
842 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Afternoon and Evening in Myrtle Beach

The Palace Theatre is located right there at BATB. Nascar Speedpark is right across the street. You can certainly walk over from BATB but you will have to cross Hwy 17 bypass which is a pretty busy highway.

6. Re: Afternoon and Evening in Myrtle Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 06:21