We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crab legs??

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
200 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Crab legs??

My husband wants to eat crab legs while we are in Myrtle Beach. I'm sure the only place we will find all u can eat is at one of the buffets. Can anyone recommend a good one with HOT crab legs.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crab legs??

Crabby Mikes is my favorite. We will be there sometime within the next 19 days.

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crab legs??

You don't have to go to a buffet for crablegs! In fact, many of the bars on the Grand Strand will have crableg specials as part of their happy hour! And sometimes those can be very good deals ($4.99 a 1/2 pound at Captain Poo's). Here are a couple of our favorites (both in North Myrtle):

http://captpoos.com/default.aspx

http://www.duffystreetseafoodshack.com/

I'm sure you'll see many, many other places advertising cheap crablegs.

Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
851 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crab legs??

The hottest and best crab legs I've eaten were at Seafare in Surfside. Also...I love their crab cakes. Despite what some people may say, there is some delicious food to be had from buffets.

Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
200 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crab legs??

I don't have a problem with buffets, but alot of time the crab legs will be cold and he wants hot ones. Plus there are so many there. Is any one better than another? Is Crabby Mikes a buffet?

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
418 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crab legs??

Here's a secret, if you go to a buffet when they are fairly busy the crab legs will never be cold because they will e being eaten too fast. Original Benjamin's is my favorite place for crab legs.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crab legs??

If you decide to do the buffet (we used Crabby Mikes)-try to get there early---like around 4:30/5:00

They ushally have a "early bird" special. You will save a few dollars. Besides, it won't be busy yet. We found that our crab legs were hot. When we went to the buffet to get our legs, we only took a few, so they stayed hot, then go back for more. Some people will pile their plate high, and they are cold by the time they get down to to the last ones. The key is getting there EARLY. When we leave (around 6:00) there are people waiting to get in.

The nice thing about eating early is that you can go back to your resort and the pool/beach will be less crowded because people are out to dinner.

We won't be going to M. Beach this year :-(, but we did go to Aruba (to celebrate our anniversary)--so have a few crab legs for us! Have fun!

Toronto
Level Contributor
352 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crab legs??

Original Benjamin's on restaurant row.

They are so popular they have to add more crab legs constantly.

We've been known to spend a couple of hours there eating crab legs.

Look for coupons to save money.

Kevin

Toronto

8. Re: Crab legs??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2008, 03:28
Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
136 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Crab legs??

Crabby Mikes is great. There is also a resturant called the Giant Crab that has decent food. It's a little expensive though. But try Crabby Mikes over the Giant Crab.

Murrells Inlet...
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Crab legs??

The Crab House.I like the one in BATB best. You can order crab legs or the have a the all you can eat seafood and salad bar.from the menu

It is overflowing with freshly shucked oysters, chilled shrimp, Snow Crab, Maryland Blue Crab, marinated mussels, & smoked salmon. An assortment of deliciously prepared cole slaw, potato salad, green salad, and a wide variety of fresh vegetables and dressings help make this one of the most popular items on the menu. Served as an entree, the All-You-Can-Eat Fresh Seafood & Salad Bar is a must for the seafood aficionado.

http://www.crabhouseseafood.com/

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach