We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffet: Ryan's or Great American Steak Company

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
26 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Buffet: Ryan's or Great American Steak Company

I am taking a trip to Myrtle Beach in a couple of weeks, and really wanted to try a seafood buffet but after finding out that most run $20-25 a person and that's with coupons! and reading all of the horror stories of other trip advisor members dining at the "seafood buffets"

I have decided to play it safe and try either Ryan's or Great American Steak company. Let me know which you prefer,does either serve breakfast, and what about hours, I like to eat during off-peak hours. Thanks :)

North GA
Level Contributor
476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffet: Ryan's or Great American Steak Company

Hope someone can advise you who has eaten at the MB location of either of these. The Ryan's in my town rarely passes Health Inspections and the Great..... in Pigeon Forge was one of the grossest (?) places I have ever tried to eat!

Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
861 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffet: Ryan's or Great American Steak Company

I haven't eaten at the MB location for Great American Steak and Buffet but like the above poster, I've eaten at the Pigeon Forge location and did not care for it...I prefer Ryan's a lot more.

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffet: Ryan's or Great American Steak Company

The cost of most buffets in MB are due to the types of food that are served there - seafood! In my opinion, the best seafood buffet is Captian George's but you better get there early. For the large volume that it does, the food was always hot and seemed fairly fresh for a buffet.

Brunswick, Ohio
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Buffet: Ryan's or Great American Steak Company

I have eaten at the Great American Steak company in Myrtle Beach and it is OK. It was clean and the staff was pleasant. Not as many options as Ryans but was good. There is also a Golden Corral by the Super Walmart on 501.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,269 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buffet: Ryan's or Great American Steak Company

I have never been to the Ryans in MB, because we have one in my home town....but they do have a lot of options..not sure about the seafood options though. Pretty good food..imo.

And the one here in my town does serve breakfast.

Another good place...K&W Cafeteria...not a buffet..but lots of options, good portions..great prices!

New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Buffet: Ryan's or Great American Steak Company

i've never eaten at the GASC but i've heard it wasn't that great.

The only Ryans I will eat is in Conway on your way to the beach. The one in Myrtle is not worth the time or the money. Try Golden Corral (sp) by the mall.

They have great food and a great variety.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Buffet: Ryan's or Great American Steak Company

I like Great American Steak Out better then Ryans. We ate at Ryans on Tuesday, its okay, I have no real complaints, but I like the steak varieties at Steak Out better. I believe Ryan has a breakfast buffet, don't think Steak Out does, I also like Golden Corral Better then Ryans

Gretna, Virginia
Level Contributor
230 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buffet: Ryan's or Great American Steak Company

If a good price for good food is what you are looking for, I would skip both and go for the K&W cafeteria. Great selection for a good price, and good fish on our last visit. The K&W at the northern end of 17 does serve breakfast, the one closer to Murrels Inlet is lunch and dinner only.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buffet: Ryan's or Great American Steak Company

I vote for K&W over the buffets. Very good food!

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buffet: Ryan's or Great American Steak Company

Our Ryans here is nasty. I aint never ate a t the one in Myrtl Beach but I have ate at Great American. I ate at Great American Tuesday night and it was excellent. We have aten there the last four trips and we have always liked it. It dosen't even compare to the Ryans here at home.