We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tents on Beach

Huntersville, North...
Destination Expert
for Huntersville
Level Contributor
577 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Tents on Beach

For the last several years we have put up a tent on the beach and left if there all week. Last year they were giving warnings that it was illegal to leave them up overnight and said that it would be enforced this year. Does anyone know if they are actually enforcing it?

This was in North Myrtle. Im posting it here since the NMB Forum dosent get much traffic.

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tents on Beach

Don't know if they are enforcing the rules or not, but we saw fewer and fewer tents at the Crescent Shores condos last week. I don't specifically remember if any were left out overnight, but there were some frames that were up very early in the morning. They may have been left out overnight, or they may have put them up early in the morning. Regardless, we didn't see the overwhelming row of tent frames in the mornings like we did in the past.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tents on Beach

NOrth Myrtle Beach is definitely enforcing the no tents overnight rule. You leave it over night and it will be gone when you return the next day.

Huntersville, North...
Destination Expert
for Huntersville
Level Contributor
577 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tents on Beach

Thanks Hart. I guess I'll be packing it up every evening then.

Adelphi, MD
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tents on Beach

Do they rent chair and unbrella's there?

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tents on Beach

Let me rephrase the tent issue! I just found out that the city of North Myrtle Beach rents the chairs, umbrella's on the beach and they can be found usually by lifeguard stands. Apparently the City of NMB is NOT taking all the tents down, they are leaving the tents that are rented by the city. SO seems there is a double standard there. Not fair and we have actually left a vm about this issue with the city. They are only taking certain tents down and not all. Will get back when we here.

Huntersville, North...
Destination Expert
for Huntersville
Level Contributor
577 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tents on Beach

Thanks Hart. We need a watchdog in NMB. I agree with the double standard. Its really not fair. Keep us posted!!

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,972 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tents on Beach

Not sure if this falls into conversation but what I have seen in the past is canopies set up during the day on the flat beach area.

Evenings the families carried them over by/on the dunes. Maybe as long as they're out of the way of the trash and sea weed rakes they're OK.

8. Re: Tents on Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations