We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Hotel Help/Specifics

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
88 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Need Hotel Help/Specifics

My husband and I (Age 30) are going to be in Myrtle Beach Sept 8-11. We want to stay somewhere on the beach with good indoor and outdoor pools, lazy rivers, etc. We want to spend somewhere around $100 a night. Nice place. Clean. Some type of bar would be nice. Maybe continental breakfast. A suite with a kitchenette would be nice too. I have friends that have stayed at the Landmark and Sea Crest Oceanfront but these have gotten very bad reviews on this site. We would also like to be near Broadway at the Beach. Thanks for the help.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Hotel Help/Specifics

My suggestion is to go the Myrtle Beach info and site. Do a customized search on exactly what you are looking for as far as a place to stay. That way it will narrow it down to just those places that have those anemities. The website is www.myrtlebeachinfo.com. I'm not sure what will be offered in the price range you are looking for with the anemities you want. Also, some of these reviews you have to question on the hotels. My favorite place to stay is not rated very high on this site so just remember some times people get upset and write things worse than they really are. I always look for photos when they are saying dirty or something is messed up. My philosophy is if you are going to write something bad, have something to back it up unless it has to do with the staff or billing issues. Also, if a place takes the time to try to correct it, that should be taken into account. Dunes Resort is at the top or near it and I would say it is no better than my favorite place except it is newer. I stayed there in March 2008. I love where it is located but since I don't have kids, I would soon stay somewhere next to them that has an indoor/outdoor pool and lazy river but it is not near as crowded. I know Landmark has completely remodled so I would look for a review that is current not one 2 years old.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Hotel Help/Specifics

$100 per night should be do-able in September even for a suite or oceanfront efficiency.

We used to stay at Sea Crest several years ago & thought it was much nicer than the reviews suggested. They have recently had a major remodeling.

The Breakers is popular & centrally located. Also in that same area is The Caribbean. That's one of my favorites & they've also undergone renovations recently.

New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Hotel Help/Specifics

Def. The Breakers is a good location. I just looked up on there website and oceanfront one bedroom condo would run $99 per night before taxes. Total would be $349.50. Paradise tower is there nicest. Right off 21st ave north. Straight shot up to Broadway at The Beach. Thats a pretty good deal considering they just did a lot of refurbishing. :) New pillow top beds and flat screens. Wish I could go.

Asheville
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Hotel Help/Specifics

Have you tried Carolina Winds? They are located on the north end but still in Myrtle Beach. Not too far from Broadway at the Beach, and the best value around. The location was really easy to get in and out of. We stayed there July 3-7 this year and it was the best! They have great indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs and a lazy river. We had a 1 bedroom angle suite and the view was to die for. We also had everything we needed in the suite--dishes, linens, etc. It really is the best value at Myrtle Beach. I have some great pictures if you want to see more, and I can answer any other questions you might have. Good luck and have a great trip!

indiana
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Hotel Help/Specifics

check out vrbo.com... we recently booked a room at the camelot oceanfront, from 8/31-9/3..total cost was 275$$...we are also being permitted to check in at 0800 on first day instead of the typical 2/3 pm most resort abide by...

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Hotel Help/Specifics

The only problem we ever had at the Sea Crest was the noise from the road in July. Constant loud music, tires squealing, etc. from the kids that "cruise" in the summer. You shouldn't have any of those problems in September.

Because of all that noise, we moved our vacation to North Myrtle and found a great hotel:

http://www.oceansands.com/

Great tiki bar; within walking distance to a great oceanfront bar (Molly Darcy's); near great shopping and golf.

Might be what you are looking for.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Hotel Help/Specifics

Sea Crest justopend back up in arch after being closed all winter for renovations. So iy may not be to bad.

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Hotel Help/Specifics

The Caribbean is nice, Breakers also there is also the Anderson or you could go to the Crown Reef. Crown Reef will put you about 10 min longer on your drive to BWTB but might be wourth it

9. Re: Need Hotel Help/Specifics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach