We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Help

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte
2 posts
Save Topic
Resort Help

Hello All...

2 friends and I are headed to Myrtle Beach on Wednesday for the first time. We cannot figure out where to stay. We are in our mid-20's and interested in the Myrtle Beach nightlife.

Some things we are looking for...

1. Under 150 a night

2. On the beach

3. we would like the resort to have chairs/umbrellas on the beach and it would be great if they provide waiter service.

4. We would love walking distance to bars/clubs, I guess just kind of be in the "center" of it all.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

Dan

New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort Help

WEll, the beach chairs are only provided by the city of myrtle beach meaning the lifegaurds which cost I believe $30 a day. Your best bet would be to stay between 14th ave N and 30th ave n. Only because there a short distance away from nightlife and there are bars within walking distance. I'd suggest Breakers Resort, Anderson Ocean Club, or if your just looking for a place to lay your head and not to concerned about the room to much i'd say Dayton House. Rooms are showing wear and tear but its very clean.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,269 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort Help

Yes, not sure about any hotels, but do know City of MB has the beach chairs and umbrellas. I paid $20 a day for them about three years ago. I think it varies in different areas.

Don't know of any resort that has waiter service. A few do have swim up pool bars though.

At $150 a night...well, might get an ocean view room, or maybe smaller hotel room but not an efficiency.

A friend is staying at Barefoot Resort. Looks like a beautiful place. Not on the ocean, but you can walk to Barefoot Landing...bars and resturants there. Beautiful rooms. Might consider that.

Good luck...hope you can find something without a reservation, on short notice.

Let us know.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort Help

Holiday Sands SOuth at South Beach may fi yor needs.

FYI, I rented the chairs in front of Lakewood campground last week and they were $20 for the first day and $10 for each additional day afterwards. You could also add a chair for $8.00

New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort Help

Maybe that is up by the campground. But every place that I know of further North is $30 a day unless you do a weekly rental.

Charlotte
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort Help

Thanks all!

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort Help

luv_m3_For_m3, I just re-read my post and sorry for the way that I made it sound in the way I typed it. It make me look styck up by the way I typed it. Sorry

7. Re: Resort Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 11:22