We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dixie stampede or medieval times?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
1 post
Save Topic
dixie stampede or medieval times?

Hello" Im married with 2 kids (13 14).This is our first trip to mb. I would really like to go to medieval times. But dixie stampede seems a little more kid friendly. Anybody been to both shows?

watertown
Level Contributor
57 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dixie stampede or medieval times?

We have been to both a few times. We are going to be there next week w/ our newbie friends. I asked my daughter what is the one thing she would like to do w/ them and Dixie Stampede was her vote. My daughters are 14 and 10 and LOVE dixie. It is so much fun to see a huge room where everyone smiles.

Midevil is fun...just not as much in our opinion. Can not lose either way!!

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dixie stampede or medieval times?

Food is very similar at both, as is cost. So (in my opinion), here are the major differences:

Dixie Stampede

- "Fun" atmosphere

- Country themed

- Wonderful display of animals

- Funny moments

- Alcohol free

Medieval Times

- "Dramatic" atmosphere

- Majestic themed

- Amazing display of horseriding and battling

- Serves Beer

Both shows are wonderful. We're a little more partial to the Medieval Times because it was dramatic, told a story, and we were entertained from the moment we arrived in the theater. Dixie Stampede was wonderful, but we grew weary of the "yee-haw" theme after awhile. Our 14 year old son much prefers Medieval Times.

So, I would recommend either. I hope you enjoy whichever show you decide to attend.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dixie stampede or medieval times?

I been to both and I like Dixie Stampede better. WBParkfan summed them both up but I just prefer Dixie Stampede better.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
506 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dixie stampede or medieval times?

My opinion is that girls would probably enjoy Dixie Stampede better and boys like Medieval Times best.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
114 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dixie stampede or medieval times?

I enjoy Medieval Times more. Why?

Interesting storyline with great crowd interaction

Very dramatic and fun

Serves alcohol

Good food

Dixie isn't bad but it didn't have much of a storyline IMO. It was just various acts. There was crowd interaction, but not the same kind as MT. Both are cool though.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dixie stampede or medieval times?

I agree with travelingncchick on Medieval Times. We like it much better than Stampede and go to the shows in other towns too. MT is offering kids and teens free thru Sept.

7. Re: dixie stampede or medieval times?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 14:20