We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach project

nc
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
beach project

We are planning 10yr anniversary vacation in October. Will be at Prince resort in Cherry Grove section Oct 3-6 then at Crown Reef in South Myrtle Oct.6-10. Just wondering what is going on with the beach renourishment project.Also any suggestions on good food during our stay?

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach project

When you are at Crown Reef you should go t oCrabby Mikes. It is an all you can eat seafood buffett with great Crab Legs.

Ronda, North...
Level Contributor
193 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach project

We just got back yesterday and had Crabby Mikes for the first time, it was good, even the non-crab leg stuff! haha I would definitely go back there and will the next time I am down that way.

Carolina Roadhouse was also really good. We had that our first night there and I had the filet and shrimp and it was fantastic, would highly that place and that meal if you like steak and shrimp (who doesn't??!!) :)

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach project

Earlier this year I got caught up in worrying about the beach renourishment from reading the many posts about it. We went in August & had a perfect week. Don't know where or if the project was going on. My husband reminded me that it was going on very near us about 10 years ago & it must not have ruined our trip or I would have remembered.

Plus, you are going from extreme north to the southern part of MB so you won't be stuck anywhere! Have a great trip.

Huntersville, North...
Destination Expert
for Huntersville
Level Contributor
577 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach project

We stayed just north of the Prince Labor Day weekend and the project was at the intersection of Sea Mountain Hwy and Ocean Blvd. Your stay at the Prince will be fine but I cant say about the Crown Reef since I dont know how fast they move. One good thing about the renourishment are the shells. Go up to the loose sand (farthest from the water) and rake your foot through the sand. You will find loads of intact shells.

tazewell tn
Level Contributor
111 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach project

You can go to army corps of engineers and it has a map and schedule. We are going to be in myrtle beach Oct 5 - 10 so I am hoping they are not too close to us that week, but Myrtle Beach is scheduled for Sept - Nov according to that website.

6. Re: beach project

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations