We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nov trip ?beach renourishment

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nc
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Nov trip ?beach renourishment

I am taking my 80yr old mom to MB Nov.15-18 for her 1st trip in 15yrs. She wants to sit on the balcony and watch the ocean waves again. We were planning on staying at the Crown Reef. My husband & I were there earlier this month and it was fine. Just wondering where the beach project is and is it moving toward Crown Reef during this time. Any help would be appreciated.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nov trip ?beach renourishment

It is still in north Myrtle Beach I believe so you will fine. I don't think that they will be that far by then.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
418 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nov trip ?beach renourishment

They were in the vicinity of 18th Ave South in Myrtle Beach about 10 days ago and they were moving South. It probably passed Crown Reef by now.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nov trip ?beach renourishment

On the webcam at Crown Reef's website, it looks like they are finished there. It looks great.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nov trip ?beach renourishment

I just looked at the Reef Resorts web cam and the pipes are on the ocean in front of the hotel as far as the web cam goes. It is located around 17 ave S. Here is the link to the web cam.

http://www.reefmyrtlebeach.com/webcam.html

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
418 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nov trip ?beach renourishment

According to the Reef Resort webcam site that the pp linked to it is located at 21st Ave S. and they are clearly working on it there.

Crown Reef is at 29th Ave S I think that as long as the weather is good they should be past there by Nov 15th. They had to stop for a few days due to all the rain from what I heard.

They move pretty quickly. I work at a hotel and they were out in front of our hotel for 24 hours tops and then the beach was open and they moved on and we had no further complaints from our guests. It was really amazing to watch too.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nov trip ?beach renourishment

MBgal

So I guess the panic caused by a certain poster back in May was overstated.If you remember people were cancelling their vacations and really worrying about nothing.Too bad cooler heads did not prevail.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nov trip ?beach renourishment

Yes they are back now but they should be done in a couple of days.

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Nov trip ?beach renourishment

It is in front of the Crown Reef right now!

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
418 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nov trip ?beach renourishment

Lol TONYMIK, people should have definitely not cancelled their summer vacations for this. They move so fast it is amazing and I had plenty of people telling me about all the wonderful shells they got off the beach after they moved through. Only a handful of our guests complained about it at all. The one day they were behind my hotel guests couldn't use the beach but many enjoyed sitting out on their balconies watching the work. The one night they were back there it was very noisy and the guests couldn't sleep with their balcony doors open. I was dreading the whole thing because I thought to hear some tell it that guests were going to be screaming at me for days. Maybe had it been during the summer it would have been a lot worse as far as angering people.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,364 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nov trip ?beach renourishment

I too recall the many threads about this project.

Some vacationers don't like to leave anything to chance, and I suppose they had (& still have) the right to be updated on the projected schedule of this project, but there is simply no way to precisely predict the future.

Anyone remember the gal who wanted us all to reassure her the weather would be fine with no threat of tropical storms during her stay?

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations