We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amusement and water park?

Queensbury, NY
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Amusement and water park?

I haven't been to MB in a few years. We will be staying at the Breakers at the end of June 2009 with my 13 year old, 11 year old, and 4 year old. I understand there is an amusment park with an attached water park on the strip? Is it where the old Pavilion used to be? Would it be worth a day or a half day to take the kids? Seems sort of silly to me to go to a waterpark when you are at the ocean, but you know how kids are...LOL! Would one day to do both parts be enough time?

TIA!

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amusement and water park?

It is the Family Kingdom. It is about 3 miles south of where the Pavilion used to be at. The water park aint very big I will say about 1/2 day max. I would do the Park itslef at night if I was you when it is cooler outside. You use tickets to ride rides in the park that you buy but I aint sure about the waterpark admission.

Myrtle Beach
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Amusement and water park?

Your 11 and 4 year old will love Family Kingdom. It is about 2 miles south of the Breakers.

Another water park called Water Waves it is about 2 miles from the resort also, you can ask for directions but it is not very far from the ocean.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amusement and water park?

http://www.family-kingdom.com/

http://www.myrtlewaves.com/

Queensbury, NY
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amusement and water park?

Is the water waves park on Route 17 near the car dealerships? I used to live in MB about 12 years ago, and so much has changed since then!

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amusement and water park?

I forgot about WIld Water. We prefer it over Myrtle Waves because it is always less crowded and has about the same number of slides. It is in Surfside and it probably bout 5 or so miles from the Breakers.

New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Amusement and water park?

Nice choice of resorts. One of my personal favorites. Family Kingdom is the amusement park your talking about. Honestly, its a good place. I'd do the water park during the day and the amusement park at night. I would suggest getting the all day wrist band that gets you into both. Well worth the money. A good water park also is Wild Water and Wheels up in Surfside beach. Tons of fun. Easily spend a whole day no problem. One day for Family Kingdom is enough. But if your a family like ours the kids love to go everyday!

Lugoff, SC
Level Contributor
436 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amusement and water park?

Wild Water and Wheels is by far my favorite. It's a little less crowded and lots of fun for all ages!

8. Re: Amusement and water park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 07:18