We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a quieter part of Myrtle Beach?

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
87 posts
241 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a quieter part of Myrtle Beach?

I will be vacationing in Myrtle this June. I haven't been there for 10 years, and was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on a condo or motel. I would love to find a place that is a little on the quiet side and maybe not as many people on the beach. Does such a place even exist in Myrtle?

PLEASE HELP !!!!

(thanks!!)

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,638 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a quieter part of Myrtle Beach?

Try Forest Dunes.Not surrounded by any high rises and has great views from the 7th floor on up.Pool area is adequate and rates are very reasonable.Ask for a "premier room".

Go to funbeaches.com and click on skytour then go to 55 AveN in Myrtle Beach to see a view of the area.Bordered from behind by a quiet,very pretty residential neighborhood.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,794 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a quieter part of Myrtle Beach?

Cherry Grove section of North Myrtle Beach is on the quiet side, especially if you head north towards the inlet. If interested in that area, the higher the address, the quieter it gets.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,946 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a quieter part of Myrtle Beach?

Ocean Forest Plaza and Forest Dunes are in a great area. 55th Ave. area.

Carolina Winds and Grande Shores Ocean Resort are

also in a great area. northern end of Myrtle Beach...residential area. Very quiet. 76th Ave and up.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a quieter part of Myrtle Beach?

South of MB is Surfside Beach. We rented a great condo in a small building through vrbo.com. It's away from most of the hustle & bustle but close enough to drive where you want to go.

The beach seems less crowded to me because there aren't many high rise resorts. Lots of houses & condos.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a quieter part of Myrtle Beach?

Another vote for the "south end", Surfside, Garden City area. I would bet that you will get almost as many different areas preferred as as many posters reply. Do your homework and ask specific questions about your choices to get the most help.

new jersey
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a quieter part of Myrtle Beach?

My vote goes to Garden City or Surfside Beach. Less crowded nice beach 10 min ride to the More active areas. Plenty to do and many good places to eat.From burgers to fine dining.

Lugoff, SC
Level Contributor
436 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there a quieter part of Myrtle Beach?

Another vote for Garden City! There is a good range of condos to rent, I would suggest getting on vrbo and look around. It may take awhile but I'm sure you'll find what your looking for! Good luck and have a great trip!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,946 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there a quieter part of Myrtle Beach?

I agree that Garden City and Surfside are much quieter. Nice area.

But..it would be more than 10 minutes...maybe just to the sound end of Myrtle Beach. Most of the "action" is further north.

If you don't mind being in the car a little more..like to go to resturants and Barefoot Landing or other touristy things.. Garden City and Surfside would be a good choice.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,638 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there a quieter part of Myrtle Beach?

Garden City is about 25 minutes from Broadway At The Beach in summer traffic,maybe longer.About 45 minutes from Barefoot Landing.

Rte 17 traffic down in that area can be quite heavy so take this in to account if you want to sight see.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is there a quieter part of Myrtle Beach?

I agree with post above me. Forest Dunes is an excellent place to be. You are in the middle of everything but it is very quiet there because you are in a residental section. Some of the reviews on here make it sound bad but I had a great experience there. I like to stay different places but I would not hesitate to stay there again if I couldn't find another place that I hadn't stayed at that I liked. The condos are individually owned so each one is different at Forest Dunes. I had a three bedroom oceanfront and it was like it was brand new.