We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Personal Spring Break experience

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis
Level Contributor
466 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Personal Spring Break experience

I am looking for people who have been to Myrtle Beach several times during the last of March/first of April. I am wanting to know your experiences as far as the weather. I have only been during this time twice. The year before last and the weather was BEAUTIFUL and last year and the weather was TERRIBLE. I am planning on going this year and was wondering what other people who have been several times have experienced.

Thanks alot,

Cheryl

buffalo, new york
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Personal Spring Break experience

hey cheryl. Im wonderin the same thing. Im in same boat as u, with the weather last 2 years. It seems to be hit or miss that time of year, but lookin at the 3 month outlook looks alittle above normal temps so far. We also will be down there end march and beginning of april.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
466 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Personal Spring Break experience

WHere are you guys staying? Do you have children going too? How long does it take from New York to get there?

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,625 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Personal Spring Break experience

We are frequently on Kiawah Island, south of MB and Charleston, in March. Weather in late March is completely unpredictable, although it will certainly be better than the weather in Indianapolis!

Even if we get some great, sunny days, the ocean water will be chilly. My daughter, who lives in England, thinks the water is fine in March, but I never go in further than my ankles. Sunbathing is normally pleasant, especially in a protected area. Any other outdoor activities are great, and all the gardens are in bloom!

If you want assurance of hot beach weather in March, you should head to south Florida or the Caribbean.

buffalo, new york
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Personal Spring Break experience

cheryl. Were staying at the sandy beach resort in the pallmetto suites. We used to stay at grande shores but needed a change of senery, and heard great things about sandy beach. We do not have children but are children at heart lol. From buffalo to myrtle beach takes about 13 1/2 to 14 hrs. With about 3 stops and weather pending. Well be there march 29th for a week. Were are you stayin?

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Personal Spring Break experience

Weather this time of the year can be nice or it can be cold. I have been in March and it has been in the upper 70's loower 80's to 40's for the highs. It is hit and miss. It is usualy atleast in the upper 50's but it can go either direction.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
364 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Personal Spring Break experience

I am also in the same boat as some of you...I will be in Myrtle Beach the last weekend of March at the Dunes Village Resort. We are coming down for a HUGE cheerleading competition and keeping our fingers crossed for good weather... I hope we can at least enjoy a nice walk on the beach.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,625 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Personal Spring Break experience

Gelwicks76 - NO PROBLEM with the walk on the beach, but you might not enjoy splashing in the waves in your bikini.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
466 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Personal Spring Break experience

We are staying at the Camlelot By The Sea. We are coming from Indiana and it usually takes us around 13 - 14 hours with stops. I usually travel with my aunt, my 4 kids and sometimes a couple of friends. I don't know what it's like to vacation without kids. I love having them around but I also would LOVE to go on a vacation kid-free. I said I was going to take an all girl vacation this fall without the kids to Myrtle Beach. I will have to see though. LOL

Lugoff, SC
Level Contributor
436 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Personal Spring Break experience

Like everyone else has said the weather in Myrtle Beach as well as South Carolina in general is very unpredictable. It has been a lot warmer this year, I live about 2 hours away and Christmas Day I was in short sleeves until it started to rain of course! I have been to MB pretty much every year for Spring Break during the time you are talking about and it is usually pretty nice. The ocean is way too cold for me but I have seen people swimming. Maybe for northerners it isn't as bad :) I'm not sure if we will get a later winter which might make March colder than usual. No way to really predict that. From my experiences it is great during that time of the year but SC weather changes all the time. I hope you have a wonderful stay!

Gretna, Virginia
Level Contributor
230 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Personal Spring Break experience

I stayed for 5 days last year the third week of March, and I agree the weather was not that great to be on the beach. We did get one day it was in the 70's and we got to lounge on the sand for a while, but the rest of the time it was windy and very cold, only seen some people in the ocean once during that time, and after getting my ankles wet in the surf, I though they must have been nuts. It was the first time I have been in March, so have nothing to compare it to, we usually go in Sept, and it is very nice then, beach and water.

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations