We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MB in March-is stuff open?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DisneyGrl86
5 posts
Save Topic
MB in March-is stuff open?

Hello!

I'm going to MB March 7-10 and was wondering if attractions will be open for the most part. Is there anything that may closed that I should be aware of? We're looking at goind to Broadway at the Beach, Ripley's Aquarium, Barefoot Landing, Alligator Adventure, and possibly Huntington Beach State Park. I also want to make sure most places to eat are open. For instance, I saw this place called Wahoo's Raw Bar and Marina in Murrell's Inlet, but it said something about a grand re-opening celebration March 10.

Also, I'm looking at things to do that are interesting. Has anyone done the Hurricane Fleet Dolphin Adventure? I'm really wanting to find some sort of dolphin cruise, and I don't mind driving 30-35 min to do it.

Lastly, I'm wanting to stay away from the big buffets this time since I'm pregnant, and a little more leary of food that sits out for a long time.I was wondering if anyone could recommend a nice seafood restaurant that would be appropriate for my husband's birthday and a more romantic evening. I saw something about Divine Fish House and Bovine's in Murrell's Inlet? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Melissa

Prescott Valley AZ
Level Contributor
43 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MB in March-is stuff open?

Divine Fish House is an excellent restaurant and is also where you will find Wahoo's Tiki bar. All the attractions you listed will be open that time of year except perhaps Wahoo's. They were in the process of renovation. Also, Gulfstream Cafe, on the point in Garden City, is an excellent choice and one of the ONLY places to view a sunset over the water as it sits on the east side of Murrells Inlet.

Lugoff, SC
Level Contributor
436 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MB in March-is stuff open?

You should not have a problem with the attractions at all during that time. You don't have it listed but the waterparks will be closed. This is the Spring Break for a lot of college students so everything should be open. I am not really a buffet person and my first choice for food is always Murrells Inlet. I also love Divines it is a great restaurant. I don't eat seafood and I can find good food there as well. I have never done the Hurricane Fleet Dolphin Adventure so I can't help you on that. Sorry HTH! :)

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MB in March-is stuff open?

About the only thing that will not be open are the water parks and maybe a few beach wear stores.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MB in March-is stuff open?

Bovines & Divine Fish House are both good choices. The Gulfstream Cafe that was mentioned in an earlier post gets a big vote from me. It's a great spot to watch the sunset.

5. Re: MB in March-is stuff open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 00:16