We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach in late March?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnebago, IL
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach in late March?

Can you enjoy the beach (including swimming) in late March, early April. Myrtle Beach offers the best deal that I could find, but it is a deal breaker if we can't enjoy the beach.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach in late March?

Weather is definitely hit-or-miss in March. Even if the air temp is nice & warm the ocean temp is going to be cold, cold, cold. That's why the deals are so good :)

We're going in mid-April & are really hoping for great weather. The cold ocean water isn't such a big deal to me if we can still walk on the beach comfortably in t-shirts, etc.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach in late March?

p.s. most resorts heat their pools during the cooler months, if that helps.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach in late March?

Water temps will be around 60 degrees...that's pretty cool, but coming from IL, may seem balmy to you considering the winter you're having. My little kids are in the water in March and April.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach in late March?

As mentioned the weather can be hit or miss but more than likely it will be highs or atleast 60 or higher. There is a slim chance it may not reach the 60's though. We go every March and love it. The ocean is COLD. I know this from a personal experience. It was for a bet though. It may be warm enought to lay out of the beach but not warm enough to get in the water.

jenw815
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach in late March?

temperature is moderate-waters are still very cold unless you are used to cold waters

Lugoff, SC
Level Contributor
436 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach in late March?

Like the other posters, it really can be a hit or miss. If being on the beach is very important to you I would suggest going down to Florida. One week it might be warm then the next cold again. You really can't tell until closer to your trip. Myrtle Beach is a great vacation spot if you chose and you will have a wonderful time!

Winnebago, IL
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach in late March?

Thank you for the information. It is really great that people are still willing to help other out. We are going to stick with Myrtle Beach. I don't want to bother you, but do you have any ideas on what activities there are to do there. We are thinking about the Jeep tour, Huntington Beach State Park, mini golf and parasailing.

Thank you.

Winnebago, IL
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach in late March?

Thank you for your help. It is great to know that people are willing to help other people.

Winnebago, IL
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach in late March?

Thank you for your help. It is great to know that people are willing to help other people.

Winnebago, IL
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach in late March?

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach