We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for one night in July?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
285 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for one night in July?

We're arriving on a Friday by air and need 3 rooms for our group before the condos are available on Saturday. Any suggestions for a reasonably priced hotel/motel, near the airport if possible, clean, pool for kids, etc?

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
799 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for one night in July?

I cannot offer any specific hotels, but I would find some and start calling. You may have a hard time finding ones that rent for only one day since you are in prime season and it seems they all want a week or at least more than one day. Not saying they don't exsist, just might be hard. Again, I would start calling now and see what you can find. You will probably be off beach for that day to find a good bargin for one night.

new jersey
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for one night in July?

Hi Fugs I have stayed at the Holiday Inn and the Days Inn both in Surfside. About 10-15 min ride from the airport. Both were very nice and are on the ocean and reasonable $. Try to call your condo company too. They can probably give you info to a place close to where you will be staying, Good luck.

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for one night in July?

You may have better luck in July finding a hotel away from the beach. There are several hotels at Broadway at the Beach - www.broadwayatthebeach.com/stores.aspx… The Hampton Inn is very nice, but I don't have personal experience with the other two. Broadway at the Beach will have ample food/shopping/entertainment while you're waiting on your condo. It's about 3-4 miles from the airport.

If they're booked, there's another Hampton Inn a little further west of town - …hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml… Still within 5-6 miles of the airport.

Like the folks said, book soon.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
799 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for one night in July?

Now that Dude mentioned it, we were planning on coming down on a Friday last year and the Hampton at Broadway at the Beach did have rooms for one night. Go to the Hampton site and you can get rates. Just don't delay as I am sure they will fill up fast.

Toronto
Level Contributor
285 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for one night in July?

Thanks for the suggestions. I called the condo and they had rooms available which were less total cost than the price of the 3 hotel rooms we would have needed for the Friday night so we're set to go.

6. Re: Hotel for one night in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 06:24