We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing!!!

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Packing!!!

Ok.. there are six of us..

My husband says..I overpack.. I pack for myself,

and my 2 younger sons..

So the teens..have their own luggage.. 1 duffle bag type..

and I take this huge.. suitcase for the two little guys.. and then one for me.. alright .. one suitcase..and one small bag.. and another bag..

I do pack alot..

How much do you pack?... for your family?..

and I want to hear from those you know how to pack.. but do it .. well, minimally!!!

nj
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing!!!

You should talk to my wife. She only stays at condos with laundry and then packs really lite. She would rather pack less and do some laundry. We have a family of 4 and she gets by with one big suitcase. (one really big suitcase).

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Packing!!!

Our condo has washer and dryer..

I never know what my mood will bring..

sundress, shorts.. ooo and shoes!!! every color of flip flops.. has to go.. along...

and what about that nice romantic evening out???

:)))

tazewell tn
Level Contributor
111 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Packing!!!

Well I am like you, I pack a lot more than I need but I jsut want to be prepared. I am thinking of using those "space bags" (if that is the right name) this year and putting them in my suitcase. I don't know how good it will work but they sure do hold alot in a small place. The only thing is I will need a vacuum hose when I pack up to come home...

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Packing!!!

Good Idea, Tina..I forgot about those..

North GA
Level Contributor
476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Packing!!!

YOu can get almost the same results with ziplock gallon bags. Put in an adult outfit or several kid's, push all the air out of it, and seal it. Also handy for pulling out an outfit for kids in a hurry. I did this when I had to pack for myself and my new baby I was bringing home from China:-)

And by the way, MOM4BOYS, you are so gorgeous, I say pack all you want:-) ( I don't think women encourage each other enough!!!)

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Packing!!!

LOL JJ.. I love your attitude..

and thanks!!!

and how many bathing suits??? I certainly need a new one this year.. my middle son is 12..and the last time.. I bought a suit (I remember as I watching .. vacation video..) was when my son was about six.. so yea.. time for a new suit..

or suits...;)

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
364 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Packing!!!

Trust me your not the only one...I am guilty as charged!!! I seriously overpack everything!!! I think I bring my entire summer wardrobe when I come to MB and every pair of flip flops I own (Iam big flip flop person) It's BAD...and worst part is I overpack for my kids too!! When we are finally loading up the car for our trip I just pray that everything fits.

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Packing!!!

We have six kids and everyone takes a duffel bag. I tell the kids to pack for four days and then do laundry about day three. They spend most of their time in bathing suits, so it isn't a big amount of laundry I have to do.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
239 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Packing!!!

...and don't worry, if you forgot anything at all there are PLENTY of beach shops and outlets to get anything you could possibly think of! :)

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Packing!!!

I definitely overpack every time. You would think after 12 years or so of beach trips I would stop doing that! I'd be ashamed to count how many pairs of shoes I take.

Last fall, my son's girlfriend joined us. She brought enough stuff for a month. I swear, it's no exaggeration. She changed outfits at least 4 times a day. I do have to say, she just about was the cutest & most stylish girl in the Grand Strand that week :)