We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Midwest
Level Contributor
31 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do

All adults headed for Myrtle Beach next week. Not into nightclubs or golf. Any suggestions for what to do?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do

The beach is the obvious answer. North Myrtle great for long walks, jogging, even bike-riding when low tide. Fishing piers are fun also. Broadway at the Beach is pretty good for a day (touristy)...Aquarium, shopping, amusements, restaurants. I go to N. Myrtle Beach for the beach and typical day is breakfast (Tar Baby's), pack a cooler w/ favorite beverage(s), sandwiches, and hang out, toss a football or something around, back to condo for swim, shower, and out for dinner or grill some fish or steaks at condo.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do

Well... Broadway At the Beach, Barefoot Landing (Both dining and shopping complexes) Grande Coastal Mall, Ripley's Aquarium, Alligator Adventure.. drive to Charleston, South Carolina for a day trip..

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do

We just returned from MB yesterday. Do not miss the sunrise. It was breathtaking from our o/f balcony. I'm not normally an early riser but it's worth it.

We also visited a little vineyard in North Myrtle La Belle Amie (I think that's the name). They had $5.00 wine tasting & you keep the glass with logo. Lots of nice areas outside to sit & relax with a glass of wine.

I'm not into shopping on vacation but if you are there are endless places to shop.

Have a great trip.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,006 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do

Might head north to Wilmington, NC (maybe 1 hour) and tour the USS North Carolina battleship. Very interesting! Call ahead for times, might be off season hours. Wilmington is pretty cool to look around also. Nice stores, resturants. Maybe drive over to Wrightsville Beach to check it out.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do

We also did what beachlady said.. Children had a very good time as well.. Had a very good time there.. iN wilmington..

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
506 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do

You have to go to Brookgreen Gardens south of MB. BEAUTIFUL gardens and huge collection of outdoor sculptures. Look at the website brookgreen.org. Have dinner in Murrells Inlet on your way back to MB or have lunch at Nibils at the Surfside pier, it is wonderful for lunch or dinner. Try the shrimp salad or she-crab soup.

Myrtle Beach
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do

I agree with Barefoot landing for shopping and dining and the Vineyard jsut for fun. You also have to go see The Carolina Opry. Hope you have some great beach weather!