We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hwy 22

Ronda, North...
Level Contributor
193 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hwy 22

We are coming down to MB (Dunes Village) tomorrow and generally would take 22 into the area but given the fire, is that advisable or should we avoid? Guess we could go Hwy 9 instead of 501, basically anything to avoid 501.

Ronda, North...
Level Contributor
193 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hwy 22

Anyone? Leaving in a couple of hours.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hwy 22

Hwy 22 is still closed this morning and if you are coming Sunday, 501 won't be horrible, nothing like summer vacation time. Yes you can come Hwy 9, but Hwy 31 is closed from Hwy 9 to Grissom, so I personally don't think 9 will be your best option.

Ronda, North...
Level Contributor
193 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hwy 22

We came 501, not too bad.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
226 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hwy 22

Listen to Hart Hwy 9 will be better to travel into Myrtle Beach till they open 22 & 31 back open.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hwy 22

Trust me Hwy 9 is always better than 501. Never again will I ever take 501 in unless there is no other way.

Ronda, North...
Level Contributor
193 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hwy 22

^ That's how I felt as well and was completely dreading coming in on 501, especially given the fact that with several area roads being closed it would only increase the traffic but it really wasn't that bad at all. Nothing like it generally has been IMO, for whatever reason.

Hopefully by the time we leave 22 will be back open since the fire is 85% contained, or so the news said today it was.

7. Re: Hwy 22

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 05:36