We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Beach Plantation not opening - Help!!!!

PENNSYLVANIA
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
North Beach Plantation not opening - Help!!!!

Hi! We (Our family of 5), had reservations at the North Beach Plantation for June 13 - 24th. They called Sat.(the 9th) and said they will not be open!!! They don't know when either!!! We are crushed. I always look for the new properties on the beach because I know they are clean. Will someone please re-direct me where to go to look now? We have stayed at The Island Vista, and loved that area. (They are booked). If anyone knows of any newer construction with nice pool areas please help. Thank you, Kim

Mentioned in this post
Island Vista
Island Vista
1,394 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
364 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Beach Plantation not opening - Help!!!!

Dunes Village Resort..Your kids will love it (waterpark), It's right down the street from Island Vista, very clean and very nice..

Mar Vista Grande..Newer buliding in a quite part of North Myrtle Beach, beautiful huge condos, marvistagrande.com

Royal Palms in Kingston. The newest building in Kingston. It's very nice with Many pools.

Hope this helps..What a terrible situation...

Mentioned in this post
Dunes Village Resort
Dunes Village Resort
6,283 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Island Vista
Island Vista
1,394 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
North Myrtle Beach
North Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: North Beach Plantation not opening - Help!!!!

I have been trying to warn people about this, but there was 1 poster who kept saying they will be OPEN-they were pushing their condo, that was obvious. I am very sorry, tried to tell people.

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
90 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Beach Plantation not opening - Help!!!!

Hi Kim - We were in the same boat as you guys a couple of months ago ... Family of 5 w/ 3 kids under 8. Booked at NBP for the week of June 21, 2008. A couple of months back, Hart1 started sounding the warning bells about NBP not being open by that time. Like you as well, we always look for new / newer oceanfront properties to stay at for cleanliness, etc. purposes.

We were able to book 7 nights at Dunes Village. Newer, indoor waterparks, oceanfront, a good location in MB (quiet), with restaurants and a coffee shop on site. If they have availability, I'd book there in a heartbeat. I'll also second the recommendation of Royale Plams / Brighton Tower / Margate Tower / Embassy Suites / Hilton; anywhere in Kingston Plantation. Again - good location, great outdoor waterpark and pools, and oceanfront. I would think using vrbo.com you could find a room at either of these (3) condo complexes. If you book a room through vrbo, make sure you ask about the outdoor waterpark and if your 'rent' includes daily unlimited use of the waterpark. From what I understand, some owners include it, others do not. If not, you have to purchase your way into the waterpark on a daily basis.

Hope this helps. - Brian

Mentioned in this post
Brighton Tower
Brighton Tower
37 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Kingston Plantation
Kingston Plantation
34 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
PENNSYLVANIA
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North Beach Plantation not opening - Help!!!!

Hi Brian! Thank you very much for the info. Have you stayed at the Dunes Village before? These places in Kingston, are they new?

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North Beach Plantation not opening - Help!!!!

Please let me clarify about the Kingston kiddie water park. You cannot buy your way into the kiddie water park. The ONLY way you can use the kiddie water park is if you book directly through Kingston. That being said your best bet to get a nice unit is to book at Royale Palms or Margate. Many of the units at the other buildings within Kingston have not been updated.

If you don't need the kiddie water park than I do suggest booking via VRBO where you can see exactly what you're renting and you can speak directly with the owner.

If an owner on VRBO says you can use the kiddie water park it is because they are only using VRBO to market their property but the actual booking is being done through Kingston.

Kingston is a gorgeous community and conveniently located.

But units in the buildings other than Embassy Suites and Hilton are all individually owned. As for rooms at Embassy Suites and HIlton it's truly hit or miss. Many have loved them and others have had complaints about their cleanliness. If you are still unsure you can call the Hilton or Embassy Suites directly and express to them that you will only accept a newer unit and see if they can help you.

If you still have questions please ask.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
364 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North Beach Plantation not opening - Help!!!!

I've have stayed at Dunes Village Resort many times. I can assure you as a fellow clean freak that it is very clean and it is newer...only a few years old.

Mentioned in this post
Dunes Village Resort
Dunes Village Resort
6,283 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
90 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: North Beach Plantation not opening - Help!!!!

Kim - my parents, brother and his family, and my other brother and his family have all stayed at Dunes Village each of the past 3 years and have given nothing but rave reviews about the place each trip - each year they've gone. This our first trip to MB in 7 years and thereby our 1st stay at Dunes Village. The last time we were in MB back in 2002, we stayed at the Embassy Suites in Kingston Plantation and had no problems whatsoever with the place. Prior to initially booking NBP for this summer, we looked at several units through vrbo at Brighton, Margate, and Royale Palms in addition to Dunes Village. It was truly a tossup of the five facilities (NBP, DV, Margate, RP, Brighton) and I think I'd be happy at any of them.

- Brian

Mentioned in this post
Kingston Plantation
Kingston Plantation
34 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Brighton
Brighton
Brighton and Hove, UK
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
80 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: North Beach Plantation not opening - Help!!!!

You may want to check out Anderson Ocean Club. It's near everything, it's new, incredibly clean, upscale and has everything you can possibly need if you want to save money on cooking in, washing and drying. I'm not sure, but they may still have some available for that week though many of these units and others up and down the beach tend to book out wall to wall. At least they used to. No telling in this economy.

But whatever you do, given the time of year you're talking about do your homework and your booking asap.

TripAdvisor is an excellent resource. Just click on Myrtle Beach Hotels.

Sorry about your problems and good luck!

Myrtle Beach,SC
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: North Beach Plantation not opening - Help!!!!

5Pecks ~ What size unit are you looking for? Please private message me in regard to Island Vista and I can more than likely help you. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Island Vista
Island Vista
1,394 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
North Carolina
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: North Beach Plantation not opening - Help!!!!

Try Kingston Plantation. Stay at either Margate or Brighton.

Mentioned in this post
Brighton
Brighton
Brighton and Hove, UK