We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please help

kentucky
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
please help

need information on a clean nice hotel in the myrtle beach area either southern or northern not in the middle. visit every websit but still confused may not even come there one person says one thing the other says another want ocean front coming on may 27-30 no children just romantic week with husband

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please help

Anderson Ocean Club. Check it out on TripAdvisor.

Cincinnati,ohio
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: please help

What are you confused about? I would be happy to help.

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please help

^ Punctuation?

;)

PA
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: please help

If your that confused, I would just stay home. You have been on here asking for advice for over a month now. Just pick a hotel that YOU like if your not satisfied with everyones advice!

Wake Forest, NC
Level Contributor
920 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: please help

For the North, I would try Ocean Creek Resort. Great propery...Gated Security...Good Price. Right across from Barefoot Landing. Further North, I would try Ocean Drive Golf Resort. We have stayed at both of these..Ocean Creek being more quiet..As for the Southern end...We stay out of there...Hope this helps.

Hunt Valley
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: please help

Wow, the choices are nearly endless. Why do you want to be in the northern or southern parts? They are so different. The southern end is busier with foot traffic and car traffic, and the northern end is less busy and has less crowded beaches. So first choose an area and then you can narrow it down to a newer hotel in one of those areas. If you list specifically what you want it would be easier to help. Also, people's opinions are subjective, that's why you have to take them with a grain of salt, as they say.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: please help

charchar

I understand you plight. Sometimes I don't know if I'm coming or going,right or wrong or if its day or night. In those cases I go to my wife and she straightens me out.

I looked back at your previous posts and seen Island Vista and Dunes Village mentioned and I can say that both of these are very good choices.On the other hand they may be more money because of the amenities like water parks etc. and may attract more families with children.With that said the area that they are located in is my personal favorite because it is surrounded by private residences which makes it more peaceful with less traffic.Other hotels in this area which may cost less are Ocean Reef,Beach Colony,Grande Shores,and Forest Dunes.

So here is my advice, pick one of these that suits your budget and ask if their rooms are rated.Because most units are privately owned not all are decorated the same and kept up as well as others so some hotels use a rating system.Get an A rated unit if possible.

Request a balcony on a higher floor with an unblocked view.Some ocean views are better than ocean front.

Go to Murrells Inlet one night and eat at one of the many restaurants on the " marsh walk".If the one you pick does not have entertainment go to one after dinner and have a cocktail and listen to the music.Get your partner in the mood for later if you know what I mean.Marsh walk at night with the tiki torces burning is rather romantic.

Eat a late dinner on another night at Broadway At The Beach and then go listen to some dueling piano music at Crocadile Rocks.The lady you see getting wild in the corner just might be hart1.

On yet another night get a window seat overlooking the lake at Chestnut Hill restaurant.One morning have breakfast at The Sea Captains House and one afternoon eat lunch on the back porch of Hamburger Joes( great view).

Its more what you do that will really make it romantic not the hotel.

kentucky
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: please help

If you don't want to give advise why are you on this forum I think you should keep your advise to yourself. I can ask as many questions as i would like too. Thats what this website is all about . thank you for your advise, I will take it to heart and may god bless you, you probably need it.

N. GA
Level Contributor
475 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: please help

I agree! Why use your very first post to be so negative???

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: please help

Now I am really confused, was that meant for me?

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach