We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to MB where to stay

md
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New to MB where to stay

My two 8 yrs old and I want to head to MB for summer vacay, not familiar at all with area. Where is a good local for families with things to do? Would like to stay in family oriented resort. Suggestions?

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New to MB where to stay

You will get as many different recommendations as you get replies probably. After 50 + trips, we like the southern "end" of MB, around Surfside as well as anywhere we have been.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New to MB where to stay

Surfside is nice, North Myrtle Beach is nice as well. I see an ad above for Kingston Plantation, offers many different lodging choices.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
136 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New to MB where to stay

I like the Northern End of Myrtle Beach. It's quiet and very nice. There are several resorts in this area. I always recommend Long Bay Resort for families with kids. They have a kid only pool, grill and resturant on site, lazy river, outdoor/indoor pool, arcade area, and a very nice beach. Other resorts I have heard are good (but have not been to) are Monterey Suites, Ocean Reef Resort, and Sand Dunes (located next door to Long Bay). I have only stayed at Long Bay so I cannot vouche for the other resorts but I heard they are pleaseant.

http://www.longbayresort.com

http://www.montereybaysuites.com/

http://www.mbmartinique.com/ (Ocean Reef)

www.sandsresorts.com/resorts/sanddunes/

I recommend any of these.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,812 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New to MB where to stay

We have stayed at monteray bay suites many times and have reservations again this year. It is on the northern side of MB. It has a great pool area with lazy river. All rooms are suites so it has a separate living room, small kitchen area and separate bedroom. They offer a free breakfast which is a little more than your usual continental bfast (but not a full buffett). Right now they have a 25% off internet special, but i called and made a reservation and got even a better deal.

md
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: New to MB where to stay

Thanks everyone. Will be checking out the websites tonight!!!

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New to MB where to stay

We like The Caribbean or Ocean Reef if we want the quieter end of MB (that doesn't happen too much anymore with a 20 yr old and 16 yr old). They are really nice and great locations very family oriented also. You wouldn't be disappointed in either of these.

Myrtle Beach, SC
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: New to MB where to stay

Suggest Dunes Village Resort indoor waterpark

Sands Resort has outdoor waterpark

Towers on the Grove.. kids waterpark area. this one is located in North Myrtle Beach.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
364 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New to MB where to stay

I second the Dunes Village Resort

Adelphi, MD
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New to MB where to stay

er are staying at d Long Bay Resort we have lots of kids coming on the trip

Cincinnati,ohio
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: New to MB where to stay

We love Long Bay but, this year we got a deal at Caribbean resort we couldn't pass up so we will be there this year actually in 7 days! Long bay is really great!