We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy Beach Shade in MB?

canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy Beach Shade in MB?

While we are in Myrtle Beach we are looking to buy a beach shade that we can bring home to Canada with us. We are hoping for one big enough to sit at least two chairs under. Preferrably an easy put together/automatic set up. Would like it to weigh under 10 lbs. (small tent type not large deck type)

Does anyone know where to buy something like this in Myrtle Beach? Other suggestions are most welcome.

Huntersville, North...
Destination Expert
for Huntersville
Level Contributor
577 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy Beach Shade in MB?

Are you talking about an umbrella? If so, any Wings, Eagles or Wal-Mart should have what you need.

If your looking for a tent type structure, I dont think you'll find anything under 10 lbs. that will stand up to the winds on the beach. We take one with us and have had trouble with the wind. The 1st year we used one(6 or 7 years ago), the tent had braces that came down from the center and attached to the middle of each side. That one worked the best since it braced the sides against the wind. The cheaper ones that are sold today at Wal-Mart and Dicks have braces that come from the center and attach to the corners. These work for a while but will eventually end up bending in the wind. I had to make some braces to support our sides. You can buy the heavy duty ones but they are expensive. If it is an every year thing it may be worth it. EZ Up is the heavy duty brand and you can buy them at Sams Club here in Charlotte but not sure about the Sams in Myrtle Beach. I do reccomend washing out the legs and joints every evening to try and keep the sand and salt out.

canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy Beach Shade in MB?

Actually what we are more looking for is like a small tent - I have seem them online as beach shades. Around 4 - 6 ft wide 4 -5 ft deep and at least 5 ft high. They usually have a SPF rating on them for the sun. Some pop up and some you put poles in - I think I even saw one that had the poles attached and you snap them in place for quick set up. OH and they also come with sand bags or sand pouches attached to keep it in place on the beach.

Anyone know where to get something like this in Myrtle?

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy Beach Shade in MB?

ARe you talking about the tents that are like 1/4 of a circle. The curved rounded ones?

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,356 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy Beach Shade in MB?

They are called half dome or semi dome cabanas. Target is listed as a distributor for one style.

Google beach tent cabanas and you will find quite a few.

canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy Beach Shade in MB?

Hi nanajayne - YES that is them exactly thank you - NOW does anyone know a store in Myrtle Beach that sells them? We would like to purchase one when we are down there and not offline. - Thanks

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,356 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy Beach Shade in MB?

According to online info, Target is a dealer.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to buy Beach Shade in MB?

Not to be unhelpful, but do you know that you can't setup your own tent or umbrella on Myrtle Beach? More specifically, you can't setup anywhere in front of the rental chairs which are located at the back of the beach far from the water.

I'm with you on wanting shade, but I want to be near the water, so I bake.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,356 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to buy Beach Shade in MB?

Rental units are generally set up at or very near the high tide line, otherwise they would have to be moved when the tide comes in. At our resort the chairs are usually set up far enough apart that you can put yours between theirs, just not in front of. The rental income helps to pay for the lifeguards and they are a necessity. I usually go down to the beach as or before the lifeguards set up and put mine up as they do. I have never had a problem with being asked to move or anything in eleven years of doing this. I see cabanas ant the square easy up awnings every day.

Huntersville, North...
Destination Expert
for Huntersville
Level Contributor
577 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to buy Beach Shade in MB?

I agree with Nanyjayne. In NMB we set ours up every morning behind the lifeguard stands and have never had any trouble. Up until the new ordinance last year we would leave it up all week long. Now we have to take it down every evening, but it gives us a chance to wash out the sand and salt.

canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to buy Beach Shade in MB?

Ok so it sounds like quite a few of you have cabana's or tents like them - so where can I purchase one in the store down there? Target states on their website "product not available in store" on theirs - which is not helpful at all. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach