We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best mini golf?? which one to chose

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
RHODEISLAND
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
best mini golf?? which one to chose

We are going to Myrtle beach in a couple of weeks.

I have a 7 year old son.

What is the best mini golf in the area? We are staying at the Carribean which is near Broadway at the beach.

Has anyone tried Professor Hacker's Lost Treasure????

roanoke, va
Level Contributor
155 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best mini golf?? which one to chose

i don't think i've met a mini-golf place in MB that i didn't like. my personal faves are mt. atlanticus, jungle lagoon, and rainbow falls. but i've played at plenty others and enjoyed them all. is prof. hacker's the one in north myrtle where you ride the mining cart out to the first hole? if so, that was a pretty fun course as well.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best mini golf?? which one to chose

Mt Atlanticus is about the best and you can always tell by the waits that they have.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best mini golf?? which one to chose

Don't remember the name, but the one at Broadway where the dragon pops up and breathes fire should be entertaining for the 7 year old.

Toronto
Level Contributor
352 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best mini golf?? which one to chose

Dragon's Lair is the one at BATB. We've been there several times and like it. They have two courses. Concrete bases and curbs. Worth the money.

Kevin

Toronto

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,729 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best mini golf?? which one to chose

The one at Broadway is the Dragon's Liar, and it is nice. about every 20 minutes a dragon pops out of the castle and tells a quick story then blows fire (real fire) out his mouth. You can actually see this while walking around broadway you don't actually have to play there. I think we have played at about every course available, and they are all very similar, but we did enjoy the Professor Hackers. You might just want to wait until you arrive and let him pick it out. you can also find coupons in the monster coupon books .

Level Contributor
142 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best mini golf?? which one to chose

Frommer's recommends Hawaiian Rumble. Has anybody played there??

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,601 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best mini golf?? which one to chose

Dragons Lair and Hooks.

roanoke, va
Level Contributor
155 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best mini golf?? which one to chose

hawaiian rumble is ok. most MB courses are all really the same as far as difficulty and it's just the 'scenery' that changes. personally, i think there are better themes and 'scenery' at other courses, but i know hawaiian rumble does advertise that they're an official mini-masters or mini-pro course, i think. so if you get a hole in one you can feel good about yourself! ;-)

Murfreesboro, North...
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best mini golf?? which one to chose

We too have been to many minature golf courses in the area. As far as scenery goes, Mt. Atlanticus was amazing. It was my personal favorite, but it is always VERY busy. As far as the game play and the difficulty goes, I loved Spy Glass Adventure golf. It was a really neat course and your 7 year old may like the Pirate theme! We try a new course every year and just one I would not recommend is Shipwreck Island. It was nice but it was very boring. Spy Glass and Mt. Atlanticus were WAY better. This year I think I'm going to try Tribal Island in Little River. I hope it's good!

RHODEISLAND
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best mini golf?? which one to chose

Thanks for all the advice...........