We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myrtle waves vs Water wheels

RHODEISLAND
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Myrtle waves vs Water wheels

Which is a better water park??

MYRTLE WAVES VS WATER WHEELS

Leaving for myrtle beach in 10 days with my husband and 7 year old son. Any other activites you would reccomend would be appreciated. Have never been to the MB area, heard alot of great things about it.

THanks!!!

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
711 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myrtle waves vs Water wheels

Myrtle Waves has a slight advantage on a couple cool rides, but has larger crowds so the wait times are longer.

Wild Water & Wheels (I assume that's what you're referring to) is our preference since it's further south and less crowded. The rides are still awesome, plus you can do the go-carts ! (extra charge)

Poughkeepsie, NY
Level Contributor
184 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myrtle waves vs Water wheels

We were wondering the same thing. We've been to Wild Water and Wheels and had a great time, but would like to try Myrtle Waves. However, Myrtle Waves is more expensive, so I was wondering if it is worth the extra money, or are the slides, rides, etc, much better than Wild Water?

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
711 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myrtle waves vs Water wheels

We've been to both and only return to Wild Water as I hate waiting in lines.... but that's just me.

To be fair, Myrtle Waves has the Arooba Tooba (or whatever it's called) that is pretty cool. If going to Myrtle Waves, arrive early and go straight to that slide before the crowd builds.

Have Fun !

RHODEISLAND
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myrtle waves vs Water wheels

Thanks, maybe we will try wild water.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Myrtle waves vs Water wheels

SHHHH AA, you can't be giving up the secret to the less crowded water park! Just kidding. I have been to both and prefer Wild Water over Myrtle Waves becasue Wild Water cost less, has less crowds, and has go carts, bumper boats, putt putt, and an arcade if you get tired of the water.

Cherry Hill, New...
Level Contributor
901 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Myrtle waves vs Water wheels

Our family has never been to Myrtle Waves, but we did go to Wild Water & Wheels last year. We plan on returning to Wild Water this summer, as we could not believe how short the lines were. The kids loved it because they could ride over and over again and not have to wait an hour for each slide. Plus, it is nice to have the go karts and other activities. Our youngest loved the wave pool and the kiddy area.

NC
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Myrtle waves vs Water wheels

We LOVE Myrtle Waves! Been going there for years! It is expensive but if you're going more than once during your vacation (we always do) the second day is half price I think. The rides are AWESOME and very safe. We've been taking our son since he was about three and he will happily hop on any ride there, although there are one or two I still won't let him go down. We were thinking of trying Wild Water this year (still going to Myrtle waves also) but I was wondering about the slides there. They look pretty scary. {Does everyone think the majority of the slides at Wild Water would be fun (and safe) for a 7 year old?} A few other things he might enjoy are Dragon's Lair Golf and Magic Quest. (Both at Broadway at the Beach) They also have INCREDIBLE fireworks nightly) Have a fun trip! :)

8. Re: Myrtle waves vs Water wheels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations