We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best cruise for kids?

jc tenn
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best cruise for kids?

Staying in the Surfside area (Oceanside Village). What's the best cruise for kids? We've done two pirate cruises elsewhere, but I see there are offered in Georgetown. Dolphin cruises might also be fun. The kids saw a "Jon & Kate +8" episode where they saw turtles - they thought that would be wonderful, if available.

KC

Washington, PA
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best cruise for kids?

We took our children (ages 9 and 2) on the Sea Thunder which is located at Captain Dicks in Murrels Inlet. However we did not see any dolphins or sea turtles. If you do not see dolphins they offer you another ride free of charge until you see dolphins. We were checking out the next do so we didnt have time to ride again but we would of because our children loved the boat.

Asheville
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Best cruise for kids?

Hi all...fresh back from a Myrtle Beach trip. We took our first Dolphin Watch cruise...loved it. We used the Voyger folks out of Calabash. We saw a ton of Dolphins...got a few great pics. The crew was not much on words directions or even what to do if the thing starts to sink, but they got the job done when it comes to Dolphins. The boat was nice with restrooms and snacks and beer that you can buy on your way out to the Dolphins.

On the other hand please DO NOT USE Captn Dicks Dolphin Watch cruise down on Murrells inlet unless you are very confident with your swimming skills and don't mind dealing with total !#& holes. They take you out on a blow up boat on which 10 people have to sit up on the blow up rubber sides and strap their legs in. We could not see the boat before we paid.After our walk down the boardwalk and ou the ramp we saw the boat and backed out...let me tell you..these two people who were handling the cruise went ape..the lady told us in front of the other 12 or so people who were already on the boat that she was not going to even waste her time with people who just don't get it....I went back and demanded my money back...beware of these people and there sorry attitude...

3. Re: Best cruise for kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2010, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach