We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Needing Suggestions on Hotels for little kids & teenagers!!!

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
138 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Needing Suggestions on Hotels for little kids & teenagers!!!

We will be taking our 1st trip to Myrtle Beach in July, I have booked our trip at the Captains Quarters but after reading not so good feedback I am seriously thinking about changing hotels.

I am wanting a hotel with nice pools and things for all my children to do. There ages are 6,10,12,& 15.

We are staying for 5 nights and was going to pay $950 at CQ. I would like to stay around that price range but if the hotel is nice I may be willing to spend a little more. I am open to any suggestions anyone has!! Thanks so much for your help:)

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Needing Suggestions on Hotels for little kids & teenagers!!!

The Sea Crest is very near CQ and should be much nicer. It's a good choice with kids.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Needing Suggestions on Hotels for little kids & teenagers!!!

Coral Beach has about the same amenities as Captains Queaters abd it is way nicer.

jefferson,tennessee
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Needing Suggestions on Hotels for little kids & teenagers!!!

Check out Dunes Village.

East Coast
Level Contributor
473 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Needing Suggestions on Hotels for little kids & teenagers!!!

Dune's Village is a nice family affordable vacation. Embassy Suites in NMB is nice too. Not as affordable though. We normally stay there just because they offer the free breakfast, nightly manger's reception, the pools are nice and the beach is pretty in this area.

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Needing Suggestions on Hotels for little kids & teenagers!!!

I have to second changing hotels, we had a horrible stay there last August. They would have to do MAJOR renovations (did see some signs that it was going on but don't know what all it was or if it has been completed or if it was enough)

Anyway I would also second Coral Beach ALOT of things for ALL of the kids to do and in same area.

Also in that area Compass Cove. Some other choices that have great pools and the kids and yourself would enjoy might bee The Breakers, The Caribbean or Ocean Reef Resort

Good Luck

Indiana
Level Contributor
138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Needing Suggestions on Hotels for little kids & teenagers!!!

All of you are so helpful!! I am so torn on what to do considering we are staying in one of the Premier suites for 5 nights and only paid $950. To be completely honest this has been driving me crazy...lol I can't decide what to do!!! I have read so many bad things lately about CQ so it kind of scares me. However the only 2 things that have kept me from changing is how much we paid for it compared to other hotels and the Premier Suites lay out is exactly what I want. I would prefer to have the kids in another room if possible, just for some privacy of course..haha

I thought about staying there the first night and if we are not happy with it then change hotels. Would I be crazy to do that??? Does anyone know if the hotels would charge me more if I just go into one of them once we get down there without having reservations?

Tennessee
Level Contributor
110 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Needing Suggestions on Hotels for little kids & teenagers!!!

Please let me know what you decide about the Captains Quarters. I too was looking at them for an 8 night stay Sept 4-12 but after reading the reviews I don't know.

My MIL & FIL never make reservations anymore theu just go pick up some of the travelers coupon books and find somewhere to stay. I'd kinda like to do that but with it being Labor day weekend the beginning of our stay I don't know if I want to chance it and I really don't want to move from one place to another with a 2 yr old.

Good Luck and please update on your experience!!

Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Needing Suggestions on Hotels for little kids & teenagers!!!

If you don't care about oceanfront, and you are looking for 1 bedroom, you will have lots of options.

BUT... If you are going in the SPRING, SUMMER or during HOLIDAY WEEKS OR looking for a larger place, I would NOT recommend it as you may end up either NOT finding a place or PAYING MORE MORE!!!

9. Re: Needing Suggestions on Hotels for little kids & teenagers!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2009, 05:17