We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pancakes

conn
14 posts
Save Topic
Pancakes

We are going to MB in August. My kids love pancakes/breakfast and I'm looking for a great pancake house (my pancakes at home are pretty terrible)! Any suggestions? I've read in the past that Akels was good but not anymore, ?

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
711 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pancakes

My daughter loves IHOP, yet I can't stand the ones near us (dirty, poor service,etc). However... The IHOP on 14th Ave South on Rte 17 is our annual visit. Clean, quick and friendly service and the food just seems better.

Nothing like Southern Hospitality, even at a chain.

Also try Harry's Breakfast Pancakes at 24th Ave. North and Kings Highway. Great prices and decent pancakes.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,080 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pancakes

There are pancake houses all up and down 17. Just pick one. They all are about the same unless you go to a chian then it just cost a little more.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pancakes

I think it's hard to find a bad breakfast in any of the pancake houses. We were at Akels last year & liked it as much as ever. In Surfside we liked Golden Egg.

East Coast
Level Contributor
473 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pancakes

Oh there are several places we go in NMB. They are diner style places. One is called House of Pancakes, Plantation something or another and we love Dino's. Otherwise you cannot go wrong with IHOP.

I love pancakes but you have to be careful. Alot of the time in the south they do not make them with flour. You wind up with buckwheat or corny type pancakes.

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pancakes

There is two of them T hat I have actually enjoyed their Panckes and Waffles. The first one I would recoomend would be Hoskins Restaurant in North Myrtle, usually a line but worth the wait and the second one is the Golden Griddle Pancake house also in North Myrtle Beach. If you go to Hoskins get a side of the ham, it is the best ham I have ever eaten out.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pancakes

I believe that the 8th deadly sin is visiting Myrtle Beach and going to IHOP for your pancakes. It's just plain wrong. Save IHOP for suburbia, go someplace different on vacation.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pancakes

9th deadly sin when visiting Myrtle Beach...Red Lobster for seafood :)

Totowa, NJ
Level Contributor
204 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pancakes

Both comments above this is have made an excellent comment.??????????????

RHODEISLAND
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pancakes

Eat at the Sea Captains on 3000 North Ocean Blvd. The pancakes were the best I have ever had. The breakfast buffet was great there, an omlette station, pancakes, french toast, bacon, home fries, ect......( i think the price of the buffet was $8.95 an adult and well worth it.) you can also order off the menu.

10. Re: Pancakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2009, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations