We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the beach rules and regulations?

Detroit, MI
10 posts
Save Topic
What are the beach rules and regulations?

We are vacationing in Myrtle Beach for the first time. What are some of the rules of the Beach that are good to know this time of year?

Can we bring our own umbrellas, chairs, etc? Are food and drinks allowed?

Is it safe to leave our spot if we head back to the condo for a snack, bathroom, etc.?

We are staying at the SeaCrest Resort in mid July. Thanks!!

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the beach rules and regulations?

Everything is allowed that you mentioned. The only thing is that umbrellas must be placed behind the life guards stand. I always leave my chairs and cooler while we go to the bathroom or whatever but I always take the beach bag with towels, cell, etc. Just clean up your trash and don't place cigrets in the sand.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the beach rules and regulations?

I will just add, no glass containers on the beach. No pets from 9am to 5pm. I agree, we always leave chairs etc. on the beach but take our valueables with us. I just returned and the beach had a huge amount of sea shells on it, it has always had shells but this year is alot worse. The beach was renourished last year so that dredged up alot of broken shells etc. so just wear your shoes.

Detroit, MI
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the beach rules and regulations?

I am bring two kids ages 2 and 4....will they still be able to play in the sand with all the shells?

Fairfax, Virginia
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the beach rules and regulations?

Definitely. There is more shells than normal but it's not covered in shells. Still tons of sand to play in.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,356 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the beach rules and regulations?

I go down to the beach very early every morning and take my chairs and umbrella. When the lifeguard starts setting up the rental chairs, I just put mine up in line with his and never have a problem. I am going to take my mug of coffee down to the beach every morning anyway. That is a good time to pick up a little litter from the day before and start the day with a little exercise. Been doing this for years , leave all day and have never lost a thing.

6. Re: What are the beach rules and regulations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2009, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach