We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amusement parks for teens 16 and 13

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
361 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
amusement parks for teens 16 and 13

HI everyone. it's been a very long time since I was in MB. I was 16 and remember the great amusement parks and great rides. HOwever times change and what I thought was awesome at 16 would be boring now because the theme parks are so much better know. Just wondering if there are still great theme parks in MB. I see that there are but they don't look like much on the sites. We have canada's wonderland which is pretty great-rides are wonderful and my kids love them(i hate them.. can't do them anymore myself!!!an age thing). So just wondering if there was anything that great in MB that should not be overseen. Thanks jc

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: amusement parks for teens 16 and 13

Until last year with the opening of Hard Rock Park there were never any theme parks in Myrtle Beach. Hard Rock closed last year and was sold in bankruptcy and is now back open as Freestyle Music Park. There have been many small parks in the area through the years most of which have come and gone.

At this point about the only choice for entertainng teens at a park is either Freestyle or Family Kingdom. Freestyle has some big thrill rides and a few shows. They also have special musical acts and special events from time to time. Family Kingdom is a small park with a few thrill rides and a single roller coaster.

Freestyle has some problems- pricing, no shade and expensive parking fees. They have been plagued by poor attendance for the most part with most days having no lines for the rides.

Family Kingdom is as it's name- it's a family park with just as many if not more rodes for the little kids than for teens. Family Kingdom is more of an evening destination for something to do after dinner. Parking is free and there is no admission fee as they charge on a per ride basis or you can get an armband.

If your kids are used to big parks they won't be satisfied long at Freestyle so don't plan a full day there. Likewise they will be bored quickly at Family Kingdom but it's a short evening trip of 2-3 hours. The nice thing about Family Kingdom is you yourself have no cost in going there if you don't ride. So it can be a much cheaper option. I would always encourage people to try Freestyle once and decide for yourself. Personally one trip was enough for me last year. When they make some major additions I'll be back but not before.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: amusement parks for teens 16 and 13

See my later posting from this morning about a new price special for just $17.76 for 2 for Freestyle. If you ever want to go this is the deal to make it affordable.

3. Re: amusement parks for teens 16 and 13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2010, 07:16