We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Kingdom

New Haven...
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Family Kingdom

What has people's experience been with the Family Kingdom? I went to the websight but they are not always accurate. Whats the best deal? Wristbands? We have 2 children - (a young)8 year old and a 10 year old. How about the waterpark?

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Kingdom

We've been to the amusement park 4 or 5 times, and the waterpark twice. Both were part of hotel packages, so we've never paid for admission/ tickets.

The Amusement Park is fun, and is one of the last "seaside" parks in the country. As for tickets, I'd wait and see what the kids are willing to ride. There are many "little" kids rides, which may be too small for your kids. The bigger rides may be perfect for your kids (i.e roller coaster, ferris wheel, etc.), or they may be too big. You'll have to decide that for yourself.

Admission to the park is free, so I recommend that you walk around and see if there is enough things to ride to warrant purchasing an arm band. Even if you don't, you can still enjoy the atmosphere (carnival food, music, and lights in a seaside venue!).

Now, the Waterpark is a different story. It is fantastic. From the road, it doesn't look like much (all you can see are the large "suicide" slides). There is MUCH more that you can't see from the road. It is a surprising how many different things they have in a small area. There are many slides for different age groups/ abilities. From 3 year olds, up to daredevils.

We LOVED the Family Kingdom Waterpark. Once again, I would recommend that you check it out for yourself before making a decision. Ask the attendant if one from your party can walk around and check out the park before you pay admission for the entire family. Make sure you go to the back "lawn" area (oceanfront). It is near the lazy river. From there, you can see all of the different things that are on the backside of the property.

Good luck!

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,949 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Kingdom

For those ages you will likely want an armband. Plenty for them to do and many things they will want to do multiple times. Here are some things they should like- Swamp Fox Coaster, swings, log flume, sling shot, Bandito dark ride/shooting game, pirate ship and many others. They offer a combo ticket that allows unlimted use of the water park and the amusement park. If you're staying close by the water park is pretty good and the only oceanfront water park in the area. You can do the water park during the day and then go to the amusement park in the evening after supper. We always go when we visit MB.

3. Re: Family Kingdom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2010, 07:24
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach