We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New forum

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,666 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
New forum

Anybody else not caring for the new format.I do not like it at all.Tried looking at hotel reviews and found only 43 hotels listed.What became of the full list?If it was up to me I would go back to the old way.Whats that old saying,"If its not broke don't try to fix it".

N. GA
Level Contributor
475 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: New forum

I hear ya! I am not happy about it either!

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
290 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New forum

That makes 3 of us!!!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
80 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New forum

Make that four. I don't care for the new format either. It's not that you can't teach an old dog new tricks it's.. IMHO.. just not as good as the former format.

Abington...
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New forum

Ditto here, HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cherry Hill, New...
Level Contributor
901 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New forum

I hear you all. I am one of those people who does not like change. Like someone else said, if it's not broke don't fix it.

N. GA
Level Contributor
475 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: New forum

Maybe I missed it but did TA ever say why they changed??

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: New forum

I hate it. They changed so they could have more room to advertise. I would fire whoever came up with this idea.

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New forum

I'm sooooo not liking it either

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,824 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New forum

fyi...this message was in my inbox. There is a survey you can particpate in (cut and paste it in your browser).

Forums redesign update: What's important to you?

Dear TripAdvisor contributor,

A couple of weeks ago, we launched a new forums design. We made this change because our forums code base needs to be updated, and we wanted to make space for some new features. After we launched the new design, the community provided us with an extraordinary amount of constructive and passionate feedback. It became clear that many members found it difficult to work with some features of the new design. We heard the concerns of the community, and now we would like to share our next steps in this process.

The community’s feedback helped us understand what is important to you about the TripAdvisor forums, and we will work with that feedback as we envision a new design. In addition, we would like to learn even more about your needs and preferences by asking you to complete a short survey. It will only take a couple of minutes, and your insight will help us make sure that our new design is the right one for you, for us, and for the millions of travelers who visit the forums every week seeking answers. We will share key findings from the survey so that you can see what your fellow community members told us.

To participate in the survey, please copy and paste this link into your web browser:

https://vovici.com/wsb.dll/s/5127g3e86c

We know that many of you like the TripAdvisor forums just the way they are, but due to code base restrictions and the release of new features, we simply can’t keep the old design forever. We need to update the forums this summer, and we are committed to moving forward with a design that addresses the most vital tasks performed by frequent contributors like yourselves and our millions of travelers.

Thank you for your contributions to TripAdvisor. You bring our community to life, and we are grateful for your time and energy.

Sincerely,

The TripAdvisor Team

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New forum

Hate it, hate it, hate it!!!

I remember they said something like they listened to all the users and this is what "we" wanted. Huh?

I don't think so.