We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do you suggest for the last 2 days here?

hot springs, ar
Level Contributor
456 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What do you suggest for the last 2 days here?

We are currenly vacationing in North Myrtle Beach. So far we have collected shells, had a beach day (between the rain),spent two nights at Broadway at the Beach, shopped the Tanger outlets, went to Charleston, SC.

Now trying to plan the next 2 days. Friday night we are going to Medeivil Times.

If you had only 2 more days here what are the MUST see/Must do??

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What do you suggest for the last 2 days here?

1. Go to Huntington State Park/Brookgreen Gardens.

2. Go to Southport NC take the ferry and go to the Aquriam there.

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do you suggest for the last 2 days here?

Have you eaten at Calabash, NC yet? That should probably be #1 on anyone's must-do list. Ella's, Dockside, Seafood Hut, or Beck's will make you very happy. After all, it's all about the food, right? :)

As for what to do, why not take advantage of the obvious--more beach days would be loads of fun and absolutely free. After all, you did come to the beach! ;)

ohio
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What do you suggest for the last 2 days here?

Not sure what you like to do be we enjoy going to a Pelicans baseball game. We also go to Comedy Cabana sometimes.

Last summer we drove out to Market Commons and walked around. I really enjoy just driving around and seeing different things.

But I agree, the beach is the #1 reason we go so we only have from about 4-11 pm to do other things.

Also we putt-putt every night.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,470 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What do you suggest for the last 2 days here?

hmmm...last two days...I would spend all day on the beach, then head to Barefoot Landing and walk around a bit (since you have already been to Broadway)...dinner at Bonefish Grill...or Duffy Street Seafood Shack (in Cherry Grove)...and probably walk on the beach in the evening..as the sun is setting. Then a late night swim in the pool.

Thats what I would do.;)

Have fun!!

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What do you suggest for the last 2 days here?

I would spend one full day on the beach and go to Krispy Cream and get a dozen of HOT glazed doughnuts that night. Thats me anyways. HAHA

hot springs, ar
Level Contributor
456 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What do you suggest for the last 2 days here?

We spent time at the beach, the pool, went to some Tanger outlets, then went to Huntington State Park for family pics. I totally recommend Huntington State Park...wish we had more time there! Even saw an alligator! Then we drove to Murrels Inlet, even though it was dark it looks like a nice little beach town with some beautiful homes! Then we went to Market Commons but everything was closed when we got there.

Today the plan is going to the beach, older daughter and I are going back to Market Common, younger daughter and hubby are either going to the go-carts or ripleys aquarium. Tonight we are going to Medieval Times and then back to the condo to pack and to bed for an early flight home.

Haven't had any Calabash food...from what I've seen it's all fried food. I don't eat fried food.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What do you suggest for the last 2 days here?

I like the way cbr thinks!

When I'm down to 2 days left, I'm trying to soak up every last minute of the the sound of the waves & ocean.

Then, we figure out where to have our last vacation dinner!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,031 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What do you suggest for the last 2 days here?

Calabash is NOT all fried. Long ago fried food was all that was served there (back when "OD" meant Ocean Drive-those were he days) but not any more. Google Calabash and you can check out menus from the restaurants there. It is an institution. Plus our SC shrimp is in season and it is the best.

9. Re: What do you suggest for the last 2 days here?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2010, 06:17