We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early April Weather

New York
Level Contributor
163 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Early April Weather

Considering visiting firs week of April in 2010. Is this beach weather?

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,356 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early April Weather

In my experience that early in April is still pretty cool as the wind blows almost constantly. OK if you can block the wind.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
466 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Early April Weather

It is still quite chilly this time of year. If it isn't chilly the water will still be very cold

Calabash, North...
Level Contributor
332 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early April Weather

We moved down here last year. Everyone said we had a bad winter. Not us, this was our first taste of 2 snowstorms - one a dusting and the other a 1/2 inch. That said, my brother and family came down for Easter week and while the ocean was too cold to swim, the sunbathers were out. My 7 year old niece found a pool of water from high tide and had fun in it like all the other kids. We've been in shorts since the 3rd week of April. An oceanfront hotel with an indoor pool will be nice. You can spend time on the beach then go indoors to swim. Almost all the oceanfront hotels have indoor pools.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,029 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early April Weather

I think April in SC is beautiful. The air is soft, the bugs aren't out yet, the sun is warm. The ocean will still be chilly still, but I recommend it.

5. Re: Early April Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2010, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach