We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing in MB?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
133 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing in MB?

coming down next week, looking to do some fishing. Any reports on whats going on ?

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing in MB?

There's been a pretty solid flounder bite at most piers lately. The creeks and jetties had been slow during all the hot weather, but the recent cool spell should help. If you're looking to go offshore, I'm afraid I haven't heard any reports lately. The seas have been pretty rough.

Latest fishing report: scfishingreport.com/Pages/…grand_strand.html

Keep in mind that SC implemented a saltwater fishing license this year. It's needed for surf fishing, free piers, private docks, private boats, etc. I think most commercial piers and charter boats have a commercial license that covers all fishermen, but it's good to ask, just to make sure. It's a new law and there's still some confusion.

www.dnr.sc.gov/fish/saltwaterlegislation.html

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
133 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing in MB?

Thanks ! I plan on doing mostly surf fishing in the AM and was aware of the saltwater lisence.

3. Re: Fishing in MB?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2010, 07:17