We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel near Sheraton/Convention Center

western...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hotel near Sheraton/Convention Center

I will be attending a conference in MB in January taking place at the Sheraton MB Convention Center. It looks as though that hotel is not right on the beach. I realize that January isn't beach season, but for a New Englander, the opportunity to see a beach in winter is a special thing. I am seeking any suggestions of nice and/or favorite hotels to stay in this area. It needs to be a quick and easy walk to and from the Convention Center. Ideally, we'd really like to be somewhere that is right on the beach so we can see/smell the ocean if it gets warm enough to open our window.

Am also welcoming suggestions of your favorite places to eat in the area, also within walking distance.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel near Sheraton/Convention Center

Camelot By The Sea

Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion

Roxanne Towers

Dayton House Resort

Carolina Grande

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel near Sheraton/Convention Center

um The Breakers is a straight shot down maybe 2-3 blocks. Now you will have to cross a major 4-6 land road but it's right there. The Anderson is also right in there and Camelot is close too. All are OF

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel near Sheraton/Convention Center

January can be quite chilly. The daytime walk would be okay but under no circumstances would I walk at night from the convention center anywhere

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel near Sheraton/Convention Center

hart1 you are right on that I wouldn't walk anyway just because of how busy the roads are to cross but you are definitely on the money about night time.

New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel near Sheraton/Convention Center

Breakers is a straight shot. You can grab a taxi there. You could walk it weather permitted. And at the stop light at the hwy, there is a cross walk, so it wouldn't be a huge deal to walk across.

6. Re: hotel near Sheraton/Convention Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2010, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach