We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat rides in MB area

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Boat rides in MB area

Back in 2005 I visted MB and was able to take a real neat boat ride. We took off from the area north of myrtle beach. There were I think 2 resturants on the inlets were we boarded. The boat then headed out the inlet and then out into the ocean. We then headed up and down the coast of MB before heading back in. The ride was incredible and we even saw some dolphins. The problem is I can not remember the name of the company, anyone have an ideas?

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat rides in MB area

Pretty much had to be out of Little River.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat rides in MB area

Maybe this link will help:

http://myrtlebeachwatersports.com/about.html

Ulster Park, New...
Level Contributor
360 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat rides in MB area

Yes, that's the one. Both the Sea Screamer and Sea Thunder launch out of Little River. We rode the Sea Screamer and paid for our tickets inside a seafood restaurant right on the inlet water.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat rides in MB area

I know I drove north out of MB. I know as the boat drove out via the inlet we could see on one side a former Golf Course that had since been closed and the grass and such had grown up (remember this was 2005) and as we headed out into the ocean we went by this mini island that boats could stop at and people got out and hang out on this island.

The ticket booth I bought my ticket was behind the resturant, and eat at the resturant after the trip and I can not even remember it...this is killing me.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat rides in MB area

I have done some more looking and I think the boat took off from Calabash. I did a mapquest look and I found the area the boat left and there is 2 resturants in that area and the parking area from mapquest maps looks like it, just can not remember name of the boat.

Ulster Park, New...
Level Contributor
360 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat rides in MB area

Your description sounds like Little River to me. It's just north outside N Myrtle Beach, and on your way out to the ocean you'll pass a golf course (Glen Dornach) and the sandy peninsula where folks will stop with their watercraft. This is at the Little River inlet which is ON the border of SC and NC.

Hit the satellite view in Google Maps to see if it looks like the place.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat rides in MB area

I did, it's Calabash. I can see the two resturants, if you go down along side the inlet you will see where a golf course use to be but is no longer in bussines. I was even able to look up the two resturuants that are located there...I just can't remember which one I went to by name and it is killing me, plus I can't find the name of the boat company, but by now could be out of business.

Poughkeepsie, NY
Level Contributor
176 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat rides in MB area

Indy, sounds like you are describing the Sea Thunder. We rode on Sea Thunder back in 2004 and 2005 as well, and we left from Calabash, NC. You bought the tickets in a little booth at the dock behind the restaurants. I believe they are no longer located there, I think I read that they now leave from Murrells Inlet based on what I have found by doing an online search for them. Hope this helps!

9. Re: Boat rides in MB area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2010, 06:16