We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elliot Reality, Reelin n Rockin house?

7 posts
Save Topic
Elliot Reality, Reelin n Rockin house?

I have a house on hold for a week in July, Reelin n Rockin and i really want to get it. I was going to call tonight and pay for it but i've heard horrible reviews of this company. I have heard that the guy is nice but the properties themselves are always dirty when you arrive. This will be my 2 year old daughters first trip to the beach and i have a brother that is coming with us that is OCD and will freak out if the house isn't clean when we arrive. Has anyone ever stayed in this house? Did you like it? Have you ever rented from Elliot REality and how did it go for you? I'm in LOVE with the pictures of this house online so beachy and clean and hope it lives up to what i see. I'd hate to get down there at it be totally differtn from online. If i do go for this house what should i do to insure that it will be clean when i arrive?

Myrtle Beach, SC
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Elliot Reality, Reelin n Rockin house?

I never used this company so I can't tell you from my own experience, but I looked online for reviews about them. I found one short good review, but then two more reviews was kind bad about them. I think you should look around and read more information about them, or see what else is available.

Good luck to you!

Have a wonderful trip to Myrtle beach!

Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Elliot Reality, Reelin n Rockin house?

If you are renting a house I would guess you will be paying a good price. Maybe it would be an idea to email Elliotts and tell them your concern and ask if they would send you a confirmation, in writing,so that you feel comfortable, that if the house is not clean when you arrive that they will take care of it and see that it is clean. If they refuse you would have to wonder why if they wish to have your booking. If and when you get your confirmation at that time you could book. Hope this is helpful.

Totowa, NJ
Level Contributor
204 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elliot Reality, Reelin n Rockin house?

Aleigh, You have a total of 4 posting with two different ones on Elloit Realty, come this looks a little fishy to me.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,919 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elliot Reality, Reelin n Rockin house?

Luvdkeys - Aleigh is new to TA. She posted first on the general Timeshares/vacation rentals forum. I suggested that she post here for local advice, and someone else suggested the NMB forum. Aleigh is eager to arrange her vacation, and is new to TA. Seems to me that the multiple posts are just an effort to get quick info, which none of us have been able to supply.

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Elliot Reality, Reelin n Rockin house?

I rented from Elliott and it was not a good experience. The place was dirty and when I contacted Elliott, they weren't too concerned. I have since started to rent from Myrtle Grand Vacation and have had a great experience. I recently stayed in a condo at Ocean Keyes in North Myrtle Beach and loved it. I plan to go there again this year.

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Elliot Reality, Reelin n Rockin house?

I have rented a number of times from Elliott and only once had a problem. But the problem was corrected and we were given a discount on the following year.

Also keep in mind that only the few people with problems post, the thousands that didn't have no reason to post.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Elliot Reality, Reelin n Rockin house?

Better Business Bureau gives Elliott a B+ rating, fyi... They manage about 30,000 reservations/rentals per year.....obviously doing something right.

Fulton, MS
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Elliot Reality, Reelin n Rockin house?

We also have rented from Elliott, this is our third year. Like ledzep we had a problem last year, the condo door was stuck, and we could not open it. They moved us from a 1 bedroom to a 2 bedroom for the rest of stay. After the first year we have received a discount thereafter. The employees have always been very nice and helpful. We will continue using them each year.

8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Elliot Reality, Reelin n Rockin house?

I rented from Elliott last year and it will be my last time ever. We rented a condo at BayWatch from them and the places was filthy. The tub/show was full of sand, the toilet had urine marks and had not been flushed. The bathroom floor has lots of hair on it as did the floor mat. The kitchen had dishes with dried food all over it. The couch and chair were stained. The living room and bedroom floor had cheetoes (or something similar) crunched all over it and the tables were coated in dust.

The kicker was that we had no linens even though they were to be provided. We called Elliott as soon as we got into the room and noticed the lack of linens and they told us we would have to wait until the next day because the crew had just gone for the day (it was just after 4:30). After much debate, she finally said someone would drop off linens later on to us. We told them we couldn't find the remotes to the televisions either and they told us there was nothing they could do about that. We complained about the uncleanliness of the place and were told that she knew for a fact the place was cleaned.

In the end, we didn't have time to deal with finding a new place as it was the 4th of July so we went to the grocery store and loaded up on cleaning supplies and cleaned it ourselves. It was still just meh but livable. We never did cook in the kitchen because we didn't feel like scrubbing all of that down.

That said, I am sure they do have some very happy clients and some very unhappy clients. I know after that experience we will not be using them again.

Indian Land, SC
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Elliot Reality, Reelin n Rockin house?

I rented from Elliott once and had a small problem. They came out and fixed it right away.

As many properties as they take care of, they are bound to have some complaints.

Go for it.