We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monterey or Breakers

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
mdc
Wisconsin
6 posts
Save Topic
Monterey or Breakers

We are looking into staying at either Monterey Bay Suites or Breakers Resort - Paradise Tower this month. Is one better than the other or are they pretty comparible? Thank you!!

Charlottesville, VA
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monterey or Breakers

We had great Christmas vacation at Long Bay Resort in Myrtle Beach North. I would say it's one step abouve Monterey Bay and Breakers. Our 3-bedroom oceanfront suite in Savoy towers was $100 per day. Great staff & Has everything except live entertainment. Everything is nearby from "Cheeseburgers from Heaven" to Steinmart!

Athens, GA
Level Contributor
154 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monterey or Breakers

We were at the Monterey Bay Suites for four nights last July 4 and we will not stay there again. The elevators smelled so bad you almost had to hold your nose just to get to the 8th floor! The suite was not as clean or as big as I expected it to be for the money we paid. The location is good because there were not as many people on that end of the beach. I do not recommend the Monterey Bay Suites. I do not know anything about the Breakers Resort. Maybe another visitor to the forum will have that information. Good luck, and let us know the result of your stay.

South Carolina
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Monterey or Breakers

Currently we are staying at the Yachtsman it is a reasonable place to stay and the hotel upkeep is fantastic. We checked out Breakers for next year and choose a 2 bedroom suite because my sister is going with us. For 2 people I recommend the Yachtsman they are all one bedroom and spotless and the staff is great one call and maintenance appears. You may also try the Patricia Grand that is also a favourite of ours.

Good luck and have a good time.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
303 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monterey or Breakers

We recently stayed at the Monterey Bay in a one BR efficiency & loved it (you can read my review). I think maybe it is a whole different experience in summer. Obviously, a smelly elevator, for example, is not a condition that one would expect to be a perennial problem. Now parking, that IS a perennial problem...

I cannot comment on the Breakers, except that it is downtown, and this hotel is in the north end (big difference!)

I can also second the advice that the Long Bay Resort is a very nice place. I'd pick that one if the price is similar to Monterey Bay's.