We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay--help!!!!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay--help!!!!

We are planning a vacation June5 through June10/11 and have narrowed down to a couple of places. Dunes Village, Monterey Bay Suites, Beach Colony and Forest Dunes. We have a 17yr old so the waterparks are not a priority. Just a pool and shopping for her. We want OF at least one br, and clean! Dunes is the more expensive of the picks but I dont care to pay a little more (200.00 tops, but will be ok if we can keep it closer to 175.00) if we have fantastic views and clean place to stay. Would like to stay away from South Myrtle and "main" myrtle beach-we would like some quietness if at all possible.

Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay--help!!!!

Dunes Village is nice but If you don't care about the water parks, then stay away from Dunes Village beause it will be the most crowded. If you are looking for quiet consider North Myrtle Beach, specifically look at Towers on the Grove.

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay--help!!!!

The Dunes village has a 30% discount!

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
65 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay--help!!!!

Dunes Village is super nice, and clean! Right on the beach, and not too far away from shopping. It is a bit higher in price, but you always pay for what you get.

I'm not super familiar with the other ones you mentioned, but I do know of friends that have stayed at Dunes Village and LOVED the waterpark. And they were in their mid-20s!!! LOL.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay--help!!!!

From your list, I would go with Dunes. It's in a great location & away from the heavy traffic.

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay--help!!!!

I honestly cant say that we have stayed in any of those mainly because of the location we like (we like main MB in the heart of it all we stay at the Breakers at 21st Ave, our 21, 17 & 11 yr olds would have a fit if they werent in the mix of everything lol and so would my husband lol he loves the people watching at night) but if I had to pick I would go with Dunes Village or Monterey Bay. You will be in a very quiet area and not tooo far from shopping

6. Re: Where to stay--help!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2010, 05:16