We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation with kids: 5, 11 and 17. Need help deciding...

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation with kids: 5, 11 and 17. Need help deciding...

Because our kids are at different ages/levels of interest, selecting a vacation has always been a challenge. My 5 and 11 year olds would love a water park (not just a pool and lazy river, but slides too). My 17 year old likes water parks, but prefers to lie around while getting a tan or connect with people her age. We want to take in the attractions of Myrtle Beach, but want to include the amenities for some fun. I have read lots about Compass Cove, Dunes Village and Oceans One. I'm open to suggestions and appreciate any tips you gave give us from these resorts or some of your favorites.

Thank you!

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
65 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation with kids: 5, 11 and 17. Need help deciding...

Compass Cove-Hands down! They are awesome. I can't recommend them enough. They have plenty of different room choices to meet your families needs, plenty of pools, lazy rivers, hot tubs, kiddie pools, and they are building two new slides right now.

It's right on the beach, and near plenty of restaurants, shopping etc. Everything will be within 10 minutes from you (driving) and they also have a game room and fitness room, and two restaurants on-site.

You can't go wrong with Compass Cove!!!

Orefield, PA
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation with kids: 5, 11 and 17. Need help deciding...

I had the same problem last year (kids 16, 13 and 11) - we went to the Compass cove and enjoyed it very much. We are planning on going back to the same resort this year - we stayed in a three br condo in the Mariner bldg and it was very nice and clean. The food at the resort was excellent, kids didn't want to leave the resort to go out to eat. I have nothing bad to say about Compass Cove at all! And, I've read post about difficulty parking, but we were in the Mariner bldg and parked there, not once all week did I have a problem finding a parking spot(it was the beginning of august).

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation with kids: 5, 11 and 17. Need help deciding...

From my previous posts:

You might consider either The Sandy Beach Resort or Oceans One. Both have multi-bedroom condo-type units. They are located at 3rd Ave. South and S. Ocean Blvd. There is a convenience store and a beach shop across the street. The 2nd Ave. Pier is a short 2 block walk to the north and a boardwalk is under construction that is supposed to be completed for this summer. It will run from the 2nd Ave Pier to the 14th Ave Pier. Family Kingdom Amusement Park is 1 block south and the Family Kingdom Water Park (only seaside water park in the area) is next door. The old Pavilion area is 1/2 mile north and an easy walk. There are ice cream parlors and pizza shops within a block on Ocean Blvd and a few restaurants on Hwy 17 within walking distance. McAdoo's Cafe is a beach front bar/cafe next door too. There are banana rides, para sailing and sea doo rentals just 1 block south. We always stay at the Sandy Beach and love it. If you choose Sandy Beach be sure to book a room in the newer Palmetto Tower.

http://www.oceansoneresort.com/

http://www.beachtrips.com

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation with kids: 5, 11 and 17. Need help deciding...

We have a 12yr old, 17 yr old and most of the time a 21 yr old (sister inlaw) and love the Breakers the locations is great for everything. Compass Cove is also nice.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation with kids: 5, 11 and 17. Need help deciding...

Thank you for the replies. We decided on Compass Cove and we are looking forward to our vacation!

shellbug
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation with kids: 5, 11 and 17. Need help deciding...

We take a 7,9, and 14 year old and the Sea Mist has been the best for us 3 years in a row now!! Every thing they offer, the room size, its on the beach, and they have so many pools for the kids when thats what they want! This is by far our best family vacation spot ever!!

7. Re: Vacation with kids: 5, 11 and 17. Need help deciding...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach