We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Question about River Oaks Golf Club

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
A Question about River Oaks Golf Club

We will be in MB the first week of May. Our son, who is in college and on a limited budget, booked a golf outing for himself and a friend at River Oaks based on the relatively inexpensive price. Now I have been doing some research and discovered that this course has gotten some bad reviews from people who played there. However...most of the reviews were written before the renovations that have apparently been ongoing for the past year or so, many of which I understand have been completed.

So, my question is, has anyone played this course recently (within the past couple of months) and can they tell me how it really is, post-renovations? I hate the idea of our hard-working, low paid college student son paying good money for a course that is a dump. I should mention that he and his friend are both very novice and have only played on small courses here in Michigan, so it's not like they're expecting a world class facility or anything, just a decent, attractive course that isn't terrible to play at.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Question about River Oaks Golf Club

I played it last year and it was decent and a good challenge.Would not pay more than $45 for it.Look for coupon in the Sun News which they often have in Summer ,not sure about May. Other options in his price range might be Carolina Shores,Crown Park and Quail Creek.

Avoid Palmetto Greens and Cypress Bay regardless of low price.

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Question about River Oaks Golf Club

Thank you very much for your reply. He got it for $45 on a website that offers discount MB golf online, so I guess he did okay then, which is a relief to know.

Thanks again! : )

3. Re: A Question about River Oaks Golf Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2010, 06:19