We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Atlantic

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Atlantic

My family will be in MB June 19-26 and have reservations at Grand Atlantic. I read the reviews on here but was wondering if anyone has stayed there recently and what you thought of it. I was hoping for oceans one or sandy beach but no 3 bedrooms available at oceans one and sandy beach is very overpriced. There will be 5 adults( three are in their early twenties), a 5 year old and an 18 year old. We haven't stayed in this area before, usually stay on north ocean blvd but the older children think it is boring. Website looks nice but reviews are mixed. Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Atlantic

We stayed there last September in a three bedroom condo. The entire hotel was nice. Check in was a breeze and the staff was friendly. I prefer the south end Ocean Blvd. the location of grand atlantic is far enough away from the old Pavilion area so that traffic is not bad in front of it.

Almost Heaven West...
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Atlantic

We will be staying there the same week you are. It will be our 6th or 7th time we have stayed there and we have been in every type of room they offer. Did you go through the hotel or one of the owners? and what floor are you on? (it matters) If you are in a corner 3 bedroom or a middle 3 bedroom makes a differance to. We have had kids from 5 years old to 50 stay and everyone had a great time. The beach is lit up at night , there is a small store right across the street that has reasonable prices if you need something and don't feel like driving to get it. Their beer was only $2.00 more on the 12 pack then Greens or Foodlion. And the best steak in Myrtle beach is within walking distance (two block west) of your room.

There was a live band (different one every day) playing right next door every afternoon from 1:00 / 4:00 and the beach is nice in that area.

Let me know if you want anymore info.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Atlantic

I booked through the resort. Wasn't given the floor we would be on. Maybe I will call them tomorrow and ask. I was thinking about renting through a private owner but am afraid of taking that risk. Not sure I trust it and wouldn't have daily maid service etc... Thanks for your help. I will let you know if I have any more questions.

Vickie

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Atlantic

Okay, thanks for the info.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Atlantic

The resort said that as of now they have us on the penthouse floor and that all of the 3 bedrooms are second in and that only the 4 bedrooms are on the corners. Do you know anything about the penthouse floor?

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Atlantic

Penthouse floor is the very top. We were on the 20th I believe when I stayed and we went to the penthouse floor and nothing seemed fdifferent from the hall. We had a corner 3 bedroom which was nice and roomy. The 4th bedroom is a lookout room which can be another room. So it can be 3 or 4 which is what they told us.

7. Re: Grand Atlantic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach