We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not sure where to stay while building new boardwalk....

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Virginia
2 posts
Save Topic
Not sure where to stay while building new boardwalk....

I'm having a hard time deciding where to stay in Myrtle Beach on the week of 4/4/2010. I have narrowed it down to Monterey Bay and Bay View. They both have an indoor pool and lazy river, but Bay View seems to have larger suites.

My husband doesn't want to stay at Bay View because of the new boardwalk being built. I've read that it won't be finished until June. Has anyone been there recently who could tell me how bad the noise and mess is? Do you have access to the beach?

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,432 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not sure where to stay while building new boardwalk....

I have never stayed in either hotel...but from the locations of each...I would choose Monterey Bay. MUCH better location overall for convenience, and nicer, quieter beach area.

After looking at the pictures Bay View has on their website of the boardwalk, I would agree with your husband. Noise and inconvenience of ease of access to the beach.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Not sure where to stay while building new boardwalk....

Of those 2 choices Monterrey Bay, definitely.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not sure where to stay while building new boardwalk....

We are staying at Bay View right now and the noise isn't as bad as you may think. There is a bit of a mess out front, but nothing horrible. The concrete walkways are in place in front of Bay View, as well as a deck walkway to the beach... There really isn't any inconvenience. As of now, they are doing landscaping work mainly. By the time you get here, I would guess that the work will have been moved down past Bay View. It's now Friday, we arrived Monday... The progress the workers have made is pretty impressive, especially considering it rained the last two days.

We stayed at Monterey Bay back in January and while it was nice, there really is no comparison in the condos. Bay View condos are bigger and cleaner. We have a one bedroom oceanfront condo and love it. This is our 3rd time staying at Bay View in about 6 months or so.

I say go with Bay View!

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not sure where to stay while building new boardwalk....

We have stayed with Monyrteray Bay 4 times and would stay again. Great location, good breakfast, good pool etc. The rooms are suites not condos so they are not as large as a condo especially the kitchen area but it has a full fridge, stove/oven. The kitchen table is in the living room. I would say it depends on how much space you need if that's your deciding factor. My honest opinion i don't think i would take a chance on the noise.

West Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Not sure where to stay while building new boardwalk....

Thanks for the comments. My husband has definitly ruled out Bay View. I also had been looking at Paradise Resort on the south end of Myrtle Beach. The room layouts for the 1BR suites are nice there (not shotgun style) and they have a washer/dryer. They seem to have everything Monterey Bay has, except for the free breakfast.

Does anyone know how the pool areas compare? The weather will be cool in April, so the indoor pools, hot tubs, and lazy river are important to my kids. I have to make a decision soon as all the rooms are getting booked up.

Also, which is better location? We plan on going to Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing, and Dixie Stampede, and fishing on one of the piers.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,432 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not sure where to stay while building new boardwalk....

Everything is easy to get to by car. But Paradise is way south...Barefoot Landing is in North Myrtle Beach. Dixie Stampede is in between North Myrtle and Myrtle. (Broadway is more central Myrtle Beach)

I would still suggest Monterey. You would be right in the middle of all those attractions.

7. Re: Not sure where to stay while building new boardwalk....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2010, 03:29
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach