We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Know what city you are staying in

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Topic
Know what city you are staying in

#1 City of Myrtle Beach and City of North Myrtle Beach have the same street-SOUTH OCEAN BLVD AND NORTH OCEAN BLVD. Do not get mad at me when you call me and tell me you are in Myrtle Beach and can't find the resort-Because you put Myrtle Beach in your GPS! That does not mean that it was my fault. I try to tell each person I talk to we are located in North Myrtle Beach, but do you think they remember to put NORTH in-no. But they will argue with me all day long that they did.

#2 BRING YOUR CONFIRMATION paperwork. It has crucial information like WHERE TO PICK UP YOUR KEYS. Just because you are staying at XYZ Condo and they have an onsite office, doesn't mean they have your keys. AGAIN, not my fault if you are trying to check in the wrong place.

#3 If you paid your monies to another company/office then one that is onsite, then most likely the onsite office will not be who you need to call should your unit not be clean when you check in.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, we want the start of your vacation to be as pleasant and hassle free as possible, but if you don't ask and just assume-you could cause undue stress for your family and the employees at the desk that you are fussing at because they don't know who you are and don't have your reservation.

Mentioned in this post
North Myrtle Beach
North Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Know what city you are staying in

Many blessings to those of you who have to tolerate upset patrons who do not do their homework before arrival and do not understand that you may not be "their agent". Also, for those who rent from owners, PLEASE follow the owners instructions. Keep a file and all paperwork. I had one guest who drove 12 hours after leaving their parking pass and contract with entry information on the kitchen counter. Fortunately, I was at home and could be reached by phone to facilitate entry at the guard gate and give the lock box combination. PLEASE have a check list before leaving home.

2. Re: Know what city you are staying in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2010, 06:18