We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute deals?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
380 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute deals?

Is there an effective way to find last minute deals that fall in the too good to be true category? I know hotels are loathe to have unsold inventory.

We would go later this week if we could find a great deal - otherwise we'll wait and do our normal trip in June.

Thanks!

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute deals?

Generally speaking the prices are much better in April than June , but this may not be true this week due to Easter. Some places raise their prices for that one week. Just call and ask.

Vermont
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute deals?

Hi, where are you flying from and are you looking for air/hotel and car? how many days? What kind of budget?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,871 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute deals?

Most rental agencies are cutting deals left and right to get people in empty units.....especially last minute. If you have a rental agency you typically use, call them and name your price...you might be pleasantly surprised. Rates will be much cheaper now than in June regardless of the 'deal' you get.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
380 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute deals?

We're driving from the Charlotte, NC area and are shooting for this Wed - Sat. We were considering North Beach Plantation because we could get a good rate ~$200/night but pulled back because a good rate does not a cheap trip make. We'd like to be sub- $100/night but insist on ocean front/side.

We liked Kingston Plantation since it didn't feel crowded but HATED Anderson Ocean Club since everything was packed. This summer we will probably return to Marriott Ocean Watch villas, which we love, or try North Beach Plantation. This trip is supposed to be a what-the-heck we have the time jaunt.

We've never stayed south but at the moment I'm on Priceline looking at 3.5 stars on Murray's Island which is almost certainly the Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort. Median is $144 - I'm thinking of offering $79 and see what happens. I can rebid tomorrow nite if I don't get it.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Charlotte
Charlotte
North Carolina
Kingston Plantation
Kingston Plantation
34 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,871 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute deals?

The places you mention are higher end resorts. If you are OK w/ a nice condo, nice pool on the beach you could certainly find something in your price range. They won't have all the bells and whistles of these resorts, but will be on the beach with great views. I'd shoot for North Myrtle Beach or south to Surfside/Garden City. If you really want a newer resort, Prince Resort in Cherry Grove may have some pretty good deals...it's directly on the Cherry Grove Pier.....Towers on the Grove (also in Cherry Grove) may be another option.

Mentioned in this post
North Myrtle Beach
North Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Vermont
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute deals?

OP, did you find a place yet under 100.00? Have you tried Bookit.com? I got an amazing price there. Not sure it's high enough, but supposedly a nice, family friendly place, North Myrtle.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
380 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last minute deals?

Thanks everyone!

We decided to cut our stay in half but do it at North Beach Plantation. It sounds too good to miss. I'll be sure to post a review.

I've saved bookit for future travels. Also Towers on the Grove.

8. Re: Last minute deals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 06:19