We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

music festival May 15th

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
charlotte, nc
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
music festival May 15th

Anyone know about this festival. It is supposed to be between 8th and 9th aves with bands , street vendors. Sounds like fun to me but I have never been to a festival in MB. Also, thinking of staying at breakers resort. Wouild we be able to walk to the festival. Thanks

Wake Forest, NC
Level Contributor
907 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: music festival May 15th

Yes, you will be able to walk to it if you stay at the Breakers, however I believe that is also the start of Bike Week....(someone correct me if I am wrong) We were down there one year at the start of Bike Week....Yikes!!!! Never again...

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: music festival May 15th

This is the MB Beach Music Festival. It's the first time they've put on this event, but if you like beach music, it's an excellent list of performers, including (I think) Ben E King and Maurice Williams & the Zodiacs. They do a nice job with their downtown festivals, with visible security but not usually overbearing. It was originally scheduled to coincide with the opening of the new boardwalk. Even though it opened early, the boardwalk is a high priority for the city so I expect they will go all-out for this festival.

La Porte, IN
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: music festival May 15th

Bike Week is from May 7 thru 16th, primarily in North Myrtle Beach and Murrell's Inlet area.

charlotte, nc
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: music festival May 15th

Thanks everyone for the info.

5. Re: music festival May 15th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2010, 07:19