We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burgers, BBQ, Steaks & Seafood?

Circleville, Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Burgers, BBQ, Steaks & Seafood?

We are leaving soon for our second MB trip with our 8 year-old son. I know there is a main food thread here but alot of it is outdated info so I thought I would try this. We are staying at Avista in North MB but we enjoy driving around. We found a few good restaraunts last year but would like some recommendations on these categories.

Now we did hit River City Cafe and enjoyed the food and nice laid back atmosphere. We also ate at Sea Captains. It was pretty good as well. Never really did find a good for ribs though.

So can you guys help with some other good ideas for burgers BBQ, steaks & seafood here?

Thanks!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Burgers, BBQ, Steaks & Seafood?

If you liked River City Cafe, you will like Hamburger Joes. It's a no-frills atmosphere & good prices. My family all loves it.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Burgers, BBQ, Steaks & Seafood?

Some places my family has really enjoyed...and will go back to....

Hamburger Joes..go early , for lunch (good wings too!!)

Five Guys Hamburgers (little, simple, fast food chain, but GOOD!)

Fuddruckers

Also....seafood: Duffy Street Seafood Shack. (the one on Sea Mtn Hwy)

And Three Little Pigs...for BBQ.

Edited: 15 May 2010, 15:38
Myrtle Beach, South...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Burgers, BBQ, Steaks & Seafood?

if you want steaks then you should try Angelos in MB its an Italian restaurant with the best steaks around

Myrtle Beach, South...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Burgers, BBQ, Steaks & Seafood?

for seafood you need to Murrles Inlet

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Burgers, BBQ, Steaks & Seafood?

Good burgers at Red Robins and at Dead Dog Saloon, but a little pricey. For good basic burgers and fries, Five Guys and Hamburger Joes. It is a little more toward fine dining (really) but try Joe's Bar & Grill. I understand they are owned by the same family. Sara J's in Garden City and Lee's Inlet Kitchen in Murrells Inlet are two of our favorites for seafood.

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
711 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Burgers, BBQ, Steaks & Seafood?

Agree with Little Pigs BBQ. We get "to go" BBQ for our lunches and it is awesome. Located at 6102 Frontage Road. At 62nd Ave N and Rte 17bypass. Last I checked, a family pack was ~25.00 and includes 1 pound BBQ, sauces, 2 pints of sides, 8 buns and 1/2 cold tea.

For decent ribs with "beach ambiance", Damons is beach-front at 2985 South Ocean Blvd in Myrtle Beach.

Pikeville, Ky.
Level Contributor
146 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Burgers, BBQ, Steaks & Seafood?

Friendly's is really good!!

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,977 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Burgers, BBQ, Steaks & Seafood?

Little Pigs BBQ in Myrtle Beach- Not the best I've had anywhere by a long shot but the best we've found in MB since Sonny's closed.

Sara J's in Garden City

http://www.sarajs.com/index.php

Lee's Inlet Kitchen in Murrell's Inlet

http://www.leesinletkitchen.com/

I've read a lot about Prosser's Bar-B-Que in Murrell's inlet and want to try it but haven't made it there yet.

yo. oh
Level Contributor
325 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Burgers, BBQ, Steaks & Seafood?

There is a burger place in NMB on the SE corner of Highway 17 and Main St - its called "The Clubhouse" - AKA: The West Virgina Rest Stop. Its more a locals restaurant/bar, but has a great burger (I think the 1/2 lb burger was $3.99).

We've been to River City, Hamburger Joes and Little Pigs BBQ - but can only recommend RC and LP's. Since HJ's packs the people in, we must be the only ones that don't care for it - the burgers are ok, but for what they are they're "oversized" in price. The outdoor seating area looking over the marsh is very nice - the indoor seating would be better if they removed a table or two so there was more room (felt like we were packed in there like sardines) - but if you do go, get there early as the line is long.

Circleville, Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Burgers, BBQ, Steaks & Seafood?

Thanks to everyone for all the replies so far!! Some great info!! If anyone has anything to add please feel free!