We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any strong opinions against/or for any of these restaurants?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saxonburg, PA
Level Contributor
754 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Any strong opinions against/or for any of these restaurants?

Hello,

I've compiled our list of restaurants that we plan on going to when we're on vacation in July. I've been able to get Restaurant.com certificates (saving about $200) for many of them and others offer specials like earlybirds etc. I've tried to find and read as many reviews as possible but would appreciate some input from some locals/experts. What do ya think? Most are for dinner unless marked otherwise. Thank you so much for your help!

Nibils at Surfside Pier - Surfside

Russell’s Seafood Grill - Murrells Inlet

Mayor’s House - Pawleys Island

On The Half Shell - Murrells Inlet

Ocean Front Grill - Lunch - Myrtle Beach (along new boardwalk)

La Playa Mexican Cantina - Pawleys Island

Village Café - Breakfast - Surfside

Hogan’s Hickory House BBQ - Murrells Inlet

Fogo Do Brazil - Myrtle Beach

Nico's of NY Italian Restaurant - Garden City

Eggs Up Grill – Breakfast - Surfside

King Street Grille - Myrtle Beach

Charleston Cafe - Surfside

Gulfstream Cafe - Garden City

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Any strong opinions against/or for any of these restaurants?

I see 2 good ones..Nibels and Gulfstream Cafe. I doubt they were on Restaurant.com. Don't know anything about the others. Splurge one night and eat at a nice seafood restaurant at Murrels Inlet.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any strong opinions against/or for any of these restaurants?

We have been to Mayors House a few times and do recommend it.Let me know what you think if you go.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
123 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any strong opinions against/or for any of these restaurants?

Another vote for Mayor's House. I'm also looking into restaurant.com and deciding between Villa Mare and Luigi's- any opinion?

Saxonburg, PA
Level Contributor
754 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any strong opinions against/or for any of these restaurants?

Thanks for everyone's responses. Actually we've been to the Mayor's House before and enjoyed it very much, and with the Restaurant.com certificate makes it less expensive. Plus I talked to the restaurant and they said my wife and i could use the certificate while our two boys can choose from the earlybird special, double bonus!

I've been told that Russell's is a great seafood place in Murrells Inlet, is that right?

You are right about Gulfstream and Nibil's (not on Restaurant.com) but Gulfstream has Earlybird specials.

On vacation we decided that we wanted to eat out and not be a slave to the kitchen so I tried to find places that have discounts ofsome kind to help our vacation dollar stretch a little.

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any strong opinions against/or for any of these restaurants?

Russell's is one of our favorites for casual, simple but very fresh seafood. We try not to eat a lot of fried seafood, but when it's time, Russell's is the only place we consider. Their grilled entrees are also very good. It's got a great deck, fun and laidback, and been around forever. Sometime during your meal, Russell will stop by to see how you're doing.

Hogan's BBQ is pretty new and we haven't tried it. Finding good bbq is tough around here. I recommend Prosser's in Murrells Inlet. Very much a locals place, the buffet can get backed up a little around noon but moves quickly.

IMO, there are better breakfast places than Eggs Up, but it's very popular. I guess it's a matter of personal taste.

Saxonburg, PA
Level Contributor
754 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any strong opinions against/or for any of these restaurants?

Thanks for the info on Russell's. Hogan's sounded good, I guess we'll see. I'm up for breakfast suggestions! We're only doing breakfast out twice while we're in town so I'd like to make it good!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any strong opinions against/or for any of these restaurants?

We just ate at Thorneys last week and really liked it.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any strong opinions against/or for any of these restaurants?

Big vote for Villa Mare. Try their Pasta Lucia or Eggplant Parm. Family run,son cooks,father greets, and mother prepares the sauces.Get angel hair pasta with oil and garlic as your side. Dinners come with salad,soup and bread.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any strong opinions against/or for any of these restaurants?

If you can get a deal for Villa Mare take it. It's the best Italian we've had and one of our favorites when we go to MB.

10. Re: Any strong opinions against/or for any of these restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2010, 06:23