We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need affordable quiet location for weekend family trip

raleigh
2 posts
Save Topic
Need affordable quiet location for weekend family trip

We are headed to Myrtle beach for a 2 night 3 day stay 6/26-6/28. There will be 5 of us (kids ages 5,10,12) and I'm looking for a part of the beach that is not super crowded. I'm willing to drive to attractions and need an affordable, clean place. I would love to be in a condo but it seems that all require a week stay so we are stuck with hotels. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need affordable quiet location for weekend family trip

Best advise I can give this time of yr with you only wanting a weekend (which is harder than getting week days sometimes) is to to to myrtlebeach.com and check out the hotels you can go straight to the hotel site and chk price and availiblity and it gives you phone numbers if you would rather call.

Good luck

raleigh
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need affordable quiet location for weekend family trip

thanks, which part of myrtle would you suggest where the beach won't be super crowded?

charleston
Level Contributor
85 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need affordable quiet location for weekend family trip

South Ocean Blvd. is a little less crowded. Try the Springmaid Resort, they are the southernmost hotel on the Blvd. and family oriented too. Havent been there in about 3 yrs but made reservations there for July 4th weekend.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,077 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need affordable quiet location for weekend family trip

Consider Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach and even a little further south are Litchfield Beach and Pawley's Island Beach. As a general rule, the further south you go, the less crowded things will be. All of these have a very nice beach, have restaurants, shops, etc - they are not isolated. Also easily close enough to drive up to MB if there is something specific you want to do there.

nc
Level Contributor
211 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need affordable quiet location for weekend family trip

Try Grande Shores or Horizon on 77th.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,635 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need affordable quiet location for weekend family trip

Grande Shores and Horizon are very good choices as they are in a quiet ,less crowded area but easy to get to Grissom Parkway,17 Bypass,Rte31 and 17 business.Other choices in this area are Beach Colony,Forest Dunes and Ocean Reef.

While Garden City and Surfside are very nice there is a problem getting to other destinations from there.I have found this to be true when I try to reach Murrells Inlet in the Summer.You have only 17 business and bypass as choices.Really no other parallel roads to help and long waits at a number of intersections with lights.

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need affordable quiet location for weekend family trip

not sure about quiet and MB on a weekend but the far North end of Ocean Blvd would be my choice. The Caribbean is nice last high rise before a residential area. More budget friendly is Dayton House. A little older but very clean and nice. Or you can go south on OB. A SMALL but nice place is Mystic Sea. Stay in the main building on the Ocean side, family owned and operated small but nice. Several other places not as small or quiet on South end Sandy Beach (in a busier area closer to boardwalk and family kingdom), Compass Cove,

Or maybe something in NMB Bay Watch or Beach Cove.

You can use Google Maps and the street view and check out all up and down Ocean Blvd. Also go to myrtlebeach.com it has a great list of hotels/condos in mb, nmb, and surronding areas and you can go directly to the hotel website from there to chk rates and availabity.

Good luck

8. Re: Need affordable quiet location for weekend family trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2010, 06:36